$67.99 @ Newegg.com

Optical Drive - Asus 18x Burner with Lightscribe
$33.99 @ Newegg.com

Power Supply - Corsair 520HX
$79.99 @ Buy.com

Monitor - Acer AL2051W 20"
$199 @ Newegg.com

Total: $1,148 Excluding Rebates and like $20 Shipping

Upgrading from a intel Pentium III @ 797MHz, 512MB of RAM, and Integrated Graphics, I can't wait. This friday i will be buying the monitor and maybe the HDD and Power Supply and next friday hopefully the rest.

I really wanted to get the Antec P180 case but im already a little over budget if you guys could guide me to some good deals on other sites i would greatly appreciate it. My budget is roughly $1,000 and i've gone over budget. Thanks!

More about : build drop price bit

August 1, 2007 12:15:23 AM

The problem is if you change anything in this build the performance is going to decrease dramatically. You could save money and go with GA-P35-SL3 board + an E4300 but this way you'll have twice less cache and be pretty much forced to overclock. You could save money on your video card and downgrade to the $150 X1950XT but again, the video performance is gonna drop substantially. The only thing I see where you could save a buck and not loose any performance is go with this $70 case which already includes a 500W PSU, not the worst one too, will be enough to power a 8800 GTS.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
This way you save $50, and also, in that build of yours I counted about $75 worth of rebates. $10 case $45 memory $20 video.
Good luck.
August 1, 2007 1:45:51 AM

yea but most of those rebates ended today. and im not buying until this friday. so the rebates are gone unless there are new ones for august which im hoping there are, but the case and PSU look good. thanks for that i can at least save some more money there.
Related resources
August 1, 2007 3:05:55 AM

most likely, the rebates will renew themselves. If they don't, just look for different brands that do have rebates. you could probably save a bit of $$$ by going with a p965 mobo or 650i instead of the p35. It is a new technology and there will be a price premium. This mobo will save you $27

i wouldn't go less on the psu or you will end up with a poor quality psu.

you could grab this proc, it is fsb 1066 and has the same cache as your choice. there is no difference in performance from fsb1066 to fsb 1333. as money permits, you can later buy a aftermarket fan and oc it a bit to get the same performance. This saves you $17

the case I would buy from zipzoomfly.com. they always have free shipping. That alone will save you about $15-20. this case will work for the same price as yours but with free shipping and a $10 MIR. Since you don't have links to your case, i can't compare them for air flow but this one should be fine if you only do mild overclocking.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?Product... 760

Here is a memory special I found. this price is awesome even without the $35 MIR. It saves you $27

This monitor will save you $20 plus has free shipping

So far, we are up to $111 and this does include the roughly $20 savings in free shipping from the case. not sure what monitor you chose but the free shipping with the one I found could potentially save you another $15. If you include rebates, your grand total in savings will be $171. This brings your price down to just under $1000. The items that do have shipping should make it just about perfect.

Another side note, I would just order everything from newegg. that way, everything should arrive together and you won't have parts coming on different days. In addition to that, newegg ships everything with ups 3 day shipping. Ups is awesome and never late. sometimes they are early. I am tracking a package right now from newegg that is scheduled for delivery on thursday but will be arriving a day early.

Hope this helps.
August 1, 2007 10:10:07 PM

thanks those suggestions really worked. i think im going to go with that memory since its lots cheaper and even cheaper with MIR, and i dont really like that case but after looking on zipzoomfly some more i found a good thermaltake case for $54 with $15 MIR. I really want that monitor and it was the first thing i was going to order this friday but if i need to drastically drop the price between now and then ill go with that monitor.

any more suggestions? Please!
August 2, 2007 12:26:45 AM

Wow thanks thats a great find.

Here is the revised list guys. Much lower price, thanks so much! I got good reviews on that mobo and the PSU so i think they are good choices.

Case - Cooler Master Centurion 5 Case (This one is good enough)
$49.99 @ Newegg

Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-P35 S3L
$86.99 @ Newegg (wow)

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550
$178.99 @ Newegg

RAM - OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB)
$99.99 @ Newegg $64.99 with MIR

GPU - eVGA 8800GTS 320MB
$279.99 @ Newegg $259.99 with MIR

HDD - Seagate Barracuda 250GB
$67.99 @ Newegg

Optical Drive - Asus 18x DVD+CD Burner with LightScribe
$35.99 @ Newegg

PSU - COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power RP-550-PCAR ATX from factor 12V V2.01 550W
$69.99 @ Newegg

Monitor - Acer AL2051W Black/Silver 20"
$199.99 @ Newegg

Total Price Shipped with MIR's = $1,026.86

Any more suggestions are welcome though i do not want to raise the price any more than i have to. thats slightly over budget but i can handle 26 dollars more. thanks!
August 2, 2007 12:47:55 AM

I would hate to see you give up the corsair 520 for $10. It is an outstanding power supply. If you MUST save there, the FSP AX500 for $65 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681... would probably be better than the coolermaster. The fsp has mote power on the 12v rails where you need it. I see the coolermaster is backordered, anyway.
August 2, 2007 1:06:11 AM

I'll get flamed for this... You could reuse your current IDE disk and your current DVD-RW (I asume you have them) if you get the GA-P35-DS3R. Replace them with SATA versions later, but for now use the savings to make the other parts as good as you can...

Edit: maybe the monitor can wait too until you save more money... For example I spent it all on an 8800 GTX and now I'm stuck with my current monitor until March :lol: 
August 2, 2007 1:13:31 AM

eh no my current computer is like the worst i have ever seen. intel pentium 3, 512MB ram, i have a cd drive but its not dvd or even a burner. the monitor is REALLY bad. a compaq CRT. i mean my new build is gonna blow the hell out of it. the corsair 520HX is 99.99 at buy.com its not lower in newegg right? so thats 20 dollars more but seriously the cooler master has good reviews but i will consider the one you suggested.

more suggestions?
August 2, 2007 1:21:38 AM

A bit of PSU education is in order . Google "psu selection 101" and read the first hit. In it there is a good list of recommended psu's. For a 8800GTS system, the recomended minimum power is 26a on the 12 volt rails.
August 2, 2007 11:40:57 AM

seriously i think that PSU is fine someone said it powered the 8800GTS and E6600 no problem. I'll take a look anyway but im pretty sure thats a nice PSU, if not i think i will go with the one geofelt suggested. the FSP, that one looks pretty good also.

any more suggestions?
!