Sign in with
Your question

HELP! HDD Recovery Software and HELP Needed!!

Last response: in Storage
October 2, 2007 5:59:39 AM

hi.
i have 3 hardrives-a seagate pata 160gb(master),samsung 80gb(slave) and a hitachi 250gb SATA2 drive.
my samsung 80gb pata(4yr old) harddrive just refuses to appear on my computer.about 4 hours ago,the 3 partitions of my samsung drive showed up but they were show as RAW partitions.the partitions would appear and disappear once i logged into windows and this was happening for the last days.i finally decided to reinstall windows and see if i could get the RAW partitions to begin working again.nothing happened.
i finally deicded to use some harddrive recovery software to salvage some of my very important data from the samsung drive.i got stellar ntfs data recovery sw v.3.0 and it showed me everything that was there on the drive only i couldnt recover data because it was the demo version.i also tried testdisk but it didnt show much of the data.
i need a software urgently which is good ,has a GUI and can help me recover all my lost data.
please do help me!
thanks in advance!
October 2, 2007 6:00:26 PM

I use EZ recovery from Ontrack for my clients, and it is most likely the best out there, however it is fairly expensive.
Related resources
October 5, 2007 4:58:34 AM

qwertycopter said:
SpinRite 6.0 is probably the best recovery software you'll find. It's $89 and available here:

http://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm

onestar said:
I use EZ recovery from Ontrack for my clients, and it is most likely the best out there, however it is fairly expensive.

Those software can not work if your drive have bad sector...
October 5, 2007 5:59:36 PM

hddlab said:
Those software can not work if your drive have bad sector...

Actually you'd be surprised what SpinRite can do. It is able to copy data from a partially damaged sector to a new, good sector. It can then block off that sector in the MBR so it isn't written to again.

MBR damaged? Spinrite can rebuild it, or parts of it, and recover data you thought was lost.

As long as the drive is still spinning, and the heads are still moving, Spinrite will give you a fighting chance.
a b G Storage
October 5, 2007 6:58:27 PM

Check out GetDataBack and DiskExplorer from runtime.org. I have used this software to recover data from disks with bad sectors, corrupt MFT's, files that have been 'deleted, and drives that have been reformatted. Please note that GetDataBack is a software recovery solution, as all recovery suites are, and as long as there is nothing mechanically wrong with the drive GetDataBack will recover whatever data is on the drive. By far the most impressive recovery software I've seen and I highly recommend it.

And, what's really nice, you don't have to buy it first to know if it's gonna to work or not. You can dl a demo version to see if GetDataBack will read your data and then purchase a key to recover your data.

Good luck!
October 5, 2007 7:16:45 PM

Actually, I use spinrite 6 myself and it is VERY effective at repairing bad sectors. Of course, to be frank, a disk that has developed bad sectors probably is not long for this world so be sparing as to what you put it through.
!