Chipset Heatsinks ... thermalright hr-05??

hertzuk

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
hi, im getting the eVga 680i motherboard, which i hear has a bit of a reputation for some whoppingly high NB and SB temps... i'm thinking of buying 2 of the thermaltake hr-05, and runing them without the fans, as they are suposed to be fairly good without.

However, will they fit on my board with an 8800gtx on there, and a Thermaltake golden orb 2 cpu cooler?

I know that the screw is too long to fit under the 8800gtx, but i can shorten this so its ok, however if any1 has any ideas as to decent heatsinks (for Southbridge especially) that will preferably fit under my 8800gtx, it would be cool.

Cheers Chris

Ps, also posting in Motherboard section as its as much about the motherboard size and cooling as it is the heatsinks.

hertzuk

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
ye thats the one i got, but my GTX is the EVGA ACS3 version which has fat metal fan case all the way round... like a massive brick! and the 8800 clears the heatsink, its just the screws that come up from the mobo are too long and wont allow it to be pushed down... i would prefer a smaller one if possible, to fully fit underneath..

unless of course you wuld highly recommend this cooler?

cheers chris

ouch1

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
I have never used it before but know of people who have used it and they love it. I recommend googling up reviews of it and see what they say.

-ouch1