Hello,
I am having am interesting issue. A friends Toshiba Satellite L355D-S7901 laptop wont stop entering a period. Clicking on the start menu fills the search bar with "...." till its full. I am unable to type anything at all. The computer will not shut down, it just restarts. There are the beeps during startup like a key is being held down and the error sounds when opening any windows in the desktop. The mouse, touchpad and button work fine.

So far I have run Ad-Aware and TrendMicros scans and the machine came up clean. I connected a keyboard via USB and still no help. I have gone as far as completely removing the laptop keyboard and the external one and still the typing of periods continues.

I'm guessing this is Vista (32-bit) or the motherboard (since it wont shutdown without pulling the battery).

Anyone know what the issue is, I'd hate to recommend a Mobo replacement and then it not completely fix the issue.

Thoughts? Advise?

Thanks,

Jeff

The laptop is used for business (quickbooks and such) and the owner has been extremely careful about keeping drinks and food away from it.

I called Toshiba about the issue and to get the warranty info. The warranty was up June of this year and to continue the call further they were insisting on a $35 fee. Basically, with the warranty up they are not going to cover anything.

TRENDING THREADS