Sign in with
Your question

intel e2160 @ 3Ghz...

Last response: in Overclocking
August 30, 2007 7:31:53 AM

ello guys...

i'm new to oveclocking.. i have a question....

1. i have overclocked my e2160 to 3GHz with stock voltage and HSF... is a temp of 60C at full load ok? btw i got an idle temp of 40C and i only overclocked my processor everything else is in default setting...

2. and i want also to know what are the effects of overclocking to my mobo? would overclocking would also reduce the lifespan of my mobo? my mobo is MSi P965 neo-f v2?

thnx guys...

sorry for the stupid questions, im just a newbie :D  ....

More about : intel e2160 3ghz

August 30, 2007 4:15:08 PM

#1) have you checked for 24hr stability with orthos or dual prime95's?

#2) Well, OC'ing surely wont EXTEND the life of your components... :)  hehe but keep in mind that your mobo CAN handle CPU's that run taht fast anyways so OC'ing the CPU to the stock speeds of other CPUs shouldnt really make much difference to the mbob's longevity. As long as your not running that CPU redlined all the time it should outlast its usefullness.

But if 3.0GHz is its MAX speed, and you run 3.0GHz ALL the time. I give it a year, maybe, before you start having instability issues. You might only get 3 months.
August 31, 2007 8:07:02 AM

i've run prime95 but only for 8 hours...

i don't think 3Ghz is the max speed... my ram is the thing that preventing me from pushing the FSB much higher.. thats because i can't afford to overclock my ram... i only got corsair value select...

and i've seen others reaching 3.3 GHz....

and i'm planning to upgrade my graphics card.. im planning to buy inno3d 8600GT (ichill), is this a good buy?? i cant afford higher than 8600GTS... i'm broke hehehe

tnx man....
Related resources
August 31, 2007 1:03:47 PM

what speed is your ram? Are you running it 1:1? Otherwise if your stable at 3Ghz Id say go for it.
August 31, 2007 3:29:36 PM

my ram is ddr2-667, im running at 333 FSB...

i don't have an idea about ram ratio... so i don't now if i'm running 1:1 or not...
!