Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme vs. Ultra Chilltec/ Monsoon II Coolers

Mistaman

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2007
The reason I am posting this is because I am disappointed with my Zalmon 9500 cooler. I have been doing some research on all 3 of the coolers and have come to a point where I need some help. I would like to stick with air cooling as its cheaper and more in-line with my budget currently. I would like to know if anyone has had experience with any of these coolers or all three. Right now I've got an e6750 and the start up temps run from 35-40c and after 5+ hours of playing games run about 45-47c stock. I plan on over clocking it upwards of 3ghz, and would like the best cooler that can handle this situation. Thanks for all the help

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
The Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme would be the best air cooler, it's probably the single best aircooler available right now. It only comes with the heatsink though so you'll need to get a fan, good fans would be a Sharkoon Silent Eagle 2500 or Scythe S-Flex or a Silverstone.

If you mount the Ultra 120e and feel your temps aren't what you thought they would be, don't hesitate to remount because the mounting system on the Ultra 120e isn't perfect.

Charnondall

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2007
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is the best speaking from experience, its quiet efficent and with a 120mm fan on it will keep ur Cpu very very well chilled.