evga pci express nvidia 7950ko 512mb

drunkensunday

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
how does this card compare to todays standards? i bought it last year, and am building a new pc now. i was just wondering how much better the newer cards are. is this card suitable for gameing and hdtv still? any thoughts or recomendations? i cant seem to find much, if any info on this card....

drunkensunday

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
so none of you gurus know if its worth it for me to shell out hundreds of dollars for a new card or this card is still pretty good?

Hatman

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004
Its still pretty good mate. Youll find a ton of ppl on here that say "yeh its definatly worth it for you to upgrade to gtx blah blah blah.."

Truth is it really isnt. 7950gt can handle most games on max everything and you dont need the few extra frames doing nothing for you.

ANd before someone shouts direct x 10, they dont even do that well in it for the very small image quality boost.

Geforce 9 series is right around the corner mate, once that is released 2 things will happen, G80's come way down in price probly to the performance level, and the new high end card will be the G9 series top card, which will be a REALLY powerful card.

Better of saving your money and staying with yours until those 2 things happen.

Stick with it. IMO, it's not really worth shelling out the money unless you get a GTX and the new G92 has an expected release date.

The 7950 is a very capable card and like Hatman said, unless you are playing Oblivion, you won't get too much more that is noticeable from a newer card.

drunkensunday

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
now that is the type of information i was looking for. thanks man! i will stay with my card untill the newer ones come out. one question though. i said 7950ko and you referred it to a 7950gt. whats the difference? everyone seems to have gt but mine said on the box "KO".