m2n-sli deluxe working for months now won't boot!

docmilligan

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
Hello,
I've got an M2n-Sli Deluxe MB which has been running like a charm for a few months...went to boot it up yesterday morning...pushed the power button, LEDS came on momentarily and then went off....I've checked all connections...not beeps, nothing...just won't do ANYTHING....any thoughts on what to check?....

CPU (I do have another I can throw in there)?
Power Supply (thought it is a fairly new PSU...bought it when I bought the MB about four months ago).

I've tried to get to the ASUS site to submit a trouble ticket but they are having their normal problems....can't get in.

Thanks!

localcpuguy

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007
Please be more specific on your computyer components. In order for us to assist you we need to know more about the hardware in your machine. Power supply, CPU, RAM, MB, etc... Thanks.

FriendORfoE

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2007
docmilligan, I dont mean to divert from your question, but I have the same motherboard that I bought a few days ago and have been having different problems.

Here is my setup:
Asus M2N-Sli Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+
Corsair XMS2 Dominator 2GB PC2-6400
EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB
Hard Drive 2X 120GB
Sony DVD+-RW
Thermaltake PurePower 480W

The problem I have is that the computer seems to function fine doing standard word processing and such. When I get into an intense graphics situation, ie. a game, the computer shuts off (not blue screen of death but like the power was just disconnected)

Could this be because the psu is not strong enough?

It is an older unit and I have, and had to convert the motherboard from 20pin to 24pin and the video card from two 4pin to 6pin.

Shodar

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
For both FriendORfoE and Doc.... sounds like Power supply issues.

FriendORfoE-
I am getting one of these motherboards tomorrow, and did ALOT of research on it before I purchased it.... I believe the Minimum Recommended Power supply is a 600w.

Doc-
First thing I would try is another Power supply. Then move on to testing the CPU.

--Shodar