Mounting motherboard onto case

polan

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
hey,

I was only supplied like 8 mounting spacers and 8 screws in order to put in the motherboard into my case (Thermaltake Soprano) even though boththe motherboard manual and motherboard shows that there are 9 holes for them to go into.

Do I have to go out and buy more or am I supposed to use something different for the 9'th/center hole or does it really not matter at all? Thanks

JuiceJones

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
As long as you have the four corners screwed down and most of the spacers throughout the middle, you're fine. It's what I do cause I'm lazy and hate small screws.

I would suggest leaving out the spacer in a spot where you wouldn't apply much pressure when installing anything, otherwise it will bend unpleasantly.

crazywheels

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2006
If you were only supplied 8 then thats probably all that it is needed. DON'T LEAVE ANY OUT! Juicejones the more spacers you have on your mobo the less it is going to bend if you take one out then it will bend more common physics here.

JuiceJones

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2006
I didn't imply to leave out any of the available spacers, but one or two missing, as is the case, won't hurt anything if left out of a non-vital spot.

Gh0stDrag0n

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
You're good to go polan. :D At least you used the spacers, some people actually just screw the MoBo to the tray :pfff: Then wonder why they see "blue smoke" and their brand new PC won't boot! :lol: