trellonium

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
I think i remeber reading something similiar to this but i can't seem to find it.

I purchased a AMD X2 6000+, ASUS M2N SLI Deluxe, and CORSAIR 2GB dual channel DDR2 800 RAM (TWIN2X2048-6400CR) running with a timing of 4-4-4-12, and after I assembled the computer and went into BIOS i noticed that the RAM was running at a timing of 5-5-5-18. Is there anyway i can get the motherboard to detect the RAM at the right settings without manual setting it myself?

You will have to set the timings manually in BIOS. Set the memory voltage to mfg. specs while you are at it.

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
First, I don't recognize your part # for your RAM. (TWIN2X2048-6400CR) What is the "R" in your part #, a typo for C4 I am guessing? The reason I ask is that in our part naming scheme, "R" denotes registered memory. But, on a QWERTY keyboard, 4 is right above R so I am guessing typo.

Also, your MOBO is based on an Nvidia chipset which means it should recognize SLI Ready memory with EPP profiles. You should be able to select one of those profiles which include preset OCing settings like what you are wanting to set.

trellonium

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
First off your right it is suppose to be ...C4 not CR. I was typing this up with dilated eyes and must have missed it during my spell checking.

and thanks for the advice guys.