Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte P35T-DQ6-No post, no beep codes

Last response: in CPUs
August 1, 2007 1:31:48 AM

I have the following config that will not post. It does not give any beep codes, nadda.
Gigabyte P35T-DQ6
Intel E6700
Cosaip DDR 3 XMS3 1333Mhz
Sapphire 2900 XT 512
650 PSU

Connected all power to motherboard, including the PCI-E connections for the vid card. CPU fan comes on, hard drives spin, video card turns fan and lights turn on, case fans start, and PSU fan starts. Is it possible the vid, motherboard or ram are DOA?

Thanks in advance.
a b à CPUs
August 1, 2007 2:38:28 PM

sqlbug said:
I have the following config that will not post. It does not give any beep codes, nadda.
Gigabyte P35T-DQ6
Intel E6700
Cosaip DDR 3 XMS3 1333Mhz
Sapphire 2900 XT 512
650 PSU

Connected all power to motherboard, including the PCI-E connections for the vid card. CPU fan comes on, hard drives spin, video card turns fan and lights turn on, case fans start, and PSU fan starts. Is it possible the vid, motherboard or ram are DOA?

Thanks in advance.

Be sure you have a working speaker connected to the MB's speaker header. Remove all the RAM and boot up. If the MB does not beep recognizing you have NO RAM in the system, it's one of two things. You need to reinstall the CPU being careful not to short it out with debris or excess thermal paste touching the pin connectors. Or you have a defective MB. HTH.
August 1, 2007 7:29:28 PM

IT was the aux CPU connector that did the trick. Now it shows the system bios but if I choose Del, F12 or anything else it never seems to go past this. Do I need to upgrade the bios? If so, how?
a b à CPUs
August 1, 2007 7:44:14 PM

Two things I can think of. You might try setting the RAM voltage to your RAM mfg. specifications in BIOS. You might try resetting the CMOS jumper. Unplug the power supply, remove the battery, reset the CMOS jumper. In your MB manual under 'resetting the CMOS jumper'. HTH
!