Core 2 duo installation help

germimc

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
hello guys, i recently installed on my pc a core 2 duo and im having some problems with it, i have an ECS P4m800-m2 v2 board, its says thhat supports core 2 duo processors, i have an intel core 2 duo e6320 processor, i installed the processor correctly and when i was booting for windows tadaa a blue screen apears like the one you get when dumping memory, ive tried installing again another windows but it also doesnt work, then i swith back to my p4 3.0 ht processor and it works perfectly, does anyone have any sugestion please, ive runned out of ideas...

Thx

I would check your MB's website and check which BIOS revision is needed to support the e6320. In addition, some MB's have later MB revisions which support the C2D where the original revision 1's of that series did not support C2D. HTH.

List your entire system specs.

Three things.

1. Default the BIOS with the CMOS jumper. Unplug the power supply, remove the battery, reset the CMOS jumper.

2. If you can get into BIOS, bump up the RAM votage to mfg. specs. (list your RAM so we know what you have and can tell you the proper voltage).

3. If nothing works I would do the following. Remove the processor and double check the installation. be sure no debris (thermal paste) is on the pin connectors on the chip or in the socket. Be sure the processor is seated correctly and lock down correctly. Reapply thermal grease and install hsf. HTH.