2 power supplise to start at same time

tandrli

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
at first to say haloo, and sory for bad english

well my old power supply is dead ... i did a litle calculating.. and i find out that my pc needs almost 380W ... but my old ATX was at 400w (and also bad manufacture .. about 15eur)

well a took 2 atx and put in pc (2 of 400W)
1supply supplies mbo, hdd (i start regular on switch on my coputer case)
2supply, supplies dvdrom, dvdrw and 6pin pci-e graphic card (i start with a litle switch out my pc , hand made)

I first start up 2-nd then first ATX

starting up 2-nd powersupply when i contac green and "brownwhite" ... but now i want o start at same time as the 1st one (and shut down) so I come to information that I all need to do is put green wire to mass (i supoze to groud) and 2nd atx will start
so i was planing to "put together" green wire of 2nd with 1st atx so when i start 1st .. then the second atx will start

so pepole i need your advice.. will be any side afects betwen two atx becose they will have the same start wires (the green ones)

and plase dont give me .. its easy to by another supply .. becose it isnt..

bay
and thnx for support

All you should need to do is splice the green wire, and the black wire next to it, to the green and black, respectively, on the other power supply. Otherwise, there shouldn't be problems assuming both power supplies are grounded to the case.

tandrli

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
thnx for reply

but I allredy connected green wires .. the 1-st and 2-nd supply and its working

thnx
good luck

azgard

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
If you wire up a relay you could start the system merely using the power switch and not have to worry about making sure both supplies power up.

aziraphale

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

It'll work just fine the way he set it up; both start at the same moment...

That's right Aziraphale. The green wire is simply a signal input to the power supply. By splicing them both together, then he gets the signal from the start button to both power supplies at the same time. Therefore, both will start up with ease.