• Drivers
  • Acer
  • Computers
  • Hitachi
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows Vista
November 1, 2010 1:29:06 PM

HELP HELP HELP HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All i need a driver 4 a sata driver for an acer aspire 5050 laptop can any body please help i habe looked everywere, have even phoned acer and there trying to charge me £50 :( 

More about : acer computer hitachi hard drivers

November 1, 2010 4:14:23 PM

Your not going to find a hard drive driver. You can get the chipset driver for the motherboard bios here:
http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do?LanguageISOCtxParam=...
Make sure you have the correct numbers inputted.
All HD's should be reconized by the Bios during boot. Then in turn by windows.
m
l
November 2, 2010 6:16:39 PM

Hi thanks for the reply but the bios is on the website is a differnet version than the one on the machine the bios picks the drives up ok on the bios but wont pick them up when i try to reinstall windows, because when i switch the machine on it comes up no op system found have formatted the drive and marked it as active and there is ntfs ???
m
l
Related resources
November 2, 2010 6:30:21 PM

What error are you getting while trying to install windows
m
l
November 3, 2010 8:44:47 AM

im not getting an error when i start the computer with up a recovery cd it comes up saying that no op system can be found then when i put the cd in try to start the setup process it wont pick the drives up but they are being picked up in the bios, i have also try to repair thought the setup and it states that the computer cant be repaired automatically ????

Any ideas ?
m
l
November 3, 2010 10:26:06 AM

Were these disks in a raid configuration?
Has anyone changed the disks bios setings?
m
l
November 3, 2010 10:34:24 AM

sorry dont no what ya mean raid config,
dnt think so its not mine im fixing it for a fella
m
l
November 3, 2010 10:54:38 AM

You mentioned "it wont pick the drives "
Raid ties two disks toegether to make 1 large one.

you state " put the cd in try to start the setup process it wont pick the drives up "
but you also said"have formatted the drive and marked it as active and there is ntfs ??? "

So the disk is seeing the hard drives, correct?
can you get to a command prompt?
m
l
November 3, 2010 10:59:09 AM

yes that is correct the bios is picking up the drives in the boot menu, i can get access to a command prompt through a backdoor program called active @ i use to config other computers i use i have a partion manager in it but it wouldnt pick the drives up either
m
l
November 3, 2010 11:18:32 AM

How were you able to format them?
m
l
November 3, 2010 11:22:32 AM

i used a sata to usb lead i have and put it into a differnet computer
m
l
November 3, 2010 11:36:52 AM

Different computer with the same operating system?
it seems that every operating system gets a new file structure(ntfs)
Partition magic should be able to backward format.
m
l
November 3, 2010 11:42:22 AM

it wouldnt matter wat op system it is it was only formatting the disk the drive is active all i need is the driver i think,
m
l
November 3, 2010 11:48:54 AM

All I was trying to say was that you can't load win 95 on a fat32 partition
you cant load win 98 in a win 2000 partition. So you may not be able to load vista on a win 7 partition.
Heres a link to Hitachi's web site and downloads. If their drives needed a driver it will be here:
http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/

m
l
November 3, 2010 11:54:09 AM

o rite, the partion is vista but the computer used to partion the drive is win 7, is it possible to just get the drivers for a Hitachi sata hard drive, would that be categorized as a chipset driver
m
l
!