Yellow and dim Panasonic LCD projection (PT-45LC12)

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
March 22, 2005 9:14:33 PM

I have a 45" Panasonic LCD projection (PT-45LC12)that seems to have
become yellow and dim over time. Also I notice the upper left color is
off. It's more purple when the rest of the screen is blue and it's not
very sharp even in HD. It looks like it's out of convergence, but no
such thing for LCD, right? I tried the bulb in a friends almost
identical set (but 40") and it's fine. Is there a calibration menu? Any
other suggestions?

Thanks
Anonymous
March 23, 2005 6:04:27 AM

Interesting, that set is 2 or 3 years old isn't it? It's possible that the
only problem is dust, but it will probably require professional help to
clean all the lenses and LCD panels.

Actually LCDs can have convergence problems because they do project 3 colors
from the 3 LCD panels. It would be a mechanical adjustment of the lens or
panel. Again it will probably require a pro.

Do you have a test DVD (Avia or Video Essentials, or other) ? If you could
display solid colors it might help diagnose the problem. Good luck, and let
us know what happens.

!