Your question

Which Motherboard (Need Info Quick!)

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • WiFi
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2007 9:13:43 PM

Okay, I'm making a new system (planning on ordering tomorrow) and I have run into a bump in the road. I was looking at the ASUS P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi, but my friend suggested that i get a board with the P35 chipset. So my dilemma is, what is a fairly good P35 board, that is not overly expensive, preferably has Wi-Fi, and is DEFINATELY compatible with Linux? Thanks in advance.

-Pyro

More about : motherboard info quick

August 12, 2007 9:55:33 PM

you can get a pci-e or pci wi-fi card and the ASUS P5B Deluxe Wi-Fi runs the wi-fi over the usb bus with has more cpu over head.
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2007 10:14:12 PM

Well, all I really meant is, is there ANY nice P35 MoBo's compatible with Linux?

-Pyro
August 12, 2007 11:24:15 PM

I would have thought the next logical step would be to goto either an ASUS P5K-E wifi or P5K-Deluxe Wifi. I recently bought a P5K-E Wifi to go with a Q6600 and it works a dream. The is also the possiblity of going to DDR3 with the P5K3 series.
August 13, 2007 1:42:36 AM

get a board with out wifi and get a pci or pci-e wifi card better then a usb one.
a b V Motherboard
August 13, 2007 3:01:12 AM

So the ASUS P5K-e/Wi-Fi will work with Linux? That is what i was thinking of going with but wasn't sure if it was compatible.

-Pyro
!