Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Medal honor pacific assault on vista

Last response: in Windows Vista
November 3, 2010 12:26:31 PM

Hello,
Well I had no problem installing it on my Vista machine, and the game even started, but I kept getting a white screen after a while. Eventually it just wouldn't go past boot camp. Tried the Admin thing and even the compatability settings....no luck.
November 3, 2010 11:18:52 PM

does this only happen w/ this one game?
have you ruled out drivers, or hardware?

I would try updating to the latest drivers (even beta) from the manufacturers web site.
If that doesn't work, then try rolling back to older versions.
m
l
November 5, 2010 2:30:26 PM

I would check your drivers dude. I had some problems with that specific game on Vista, but did get it to work and eventually played all the way through the game without major incident.
m
l
Related resources
November 12, 2010 12:14:27 PM

Thanks guys, I'll try to find out if it's the drivers to blame.
m
l
November 19, 2010 11:33:11 AM

arges86 said:
does this only happen w/ this one game?
have you ruled out drivers, or hardware?

I would try updating to the latest drivers (even beta) from the manufacturers web site.
If that doesn't work, then try rolling back to older versions.

This is the oly game it's happened with and it doesn't appear to be the drivers either.
m
l

Best solution

November 20, 2010 7:00:03 AM

I would still look at drivers dude, I've got the same game, and Vista. Once mine was installed, I played all the way through with no issues. So I doubt it is Vista itself. Have you checked heat perhaps? Another thing though, and you should not have to do this, but I bought ghostbusters a while back and had all kinds of problems. I think I actually ended up running the direct x9 installer that was on disc, then it worked afterward. Don't ask me why it made me do that, but the game worked after that if I remember. So some of the games could be a little different, especially if coded on xp.
November 30, 2010 6:43:48 AM

Best answer selected by burabylla.
m
l
!