Pleasse help!! Trying to OC my amd 6000+ from 3.3ghz to 3.4ghz

ryanthesav

Distinguished
May 27, 2007
Im looking to overclock my amd 6000+ past 3.3ghz. Currently im using auto ddr2 voltage with cpu voltage at 1.55v im using a bus speed of 220 with a multiplier of 15. What will it take to get it to 3.4 if its water coooled?

pont

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2004
hi dude

the first thing you need to do is reset the bios

then with out increasing the volts slowly incress the fsb from 200 to 220.

i think your chip should boot @ 215x15 .. that is your multiplier ?? with out a volt increase

im thinking that you have good cooling or you wouldn't be ocing so since you pretty much have the same chip as me but different pin am2 from 939 ..you should look at your ram is it a name brand? is it slower than your trying to increase it to? ive all ways gotten ram that was faster than i wanted to clock it at meaning ive got ddr500 now but run it at ddr 430 but ive got a kick ass oc of 3.0 see what i mean ?

hope this help

funnyman06

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
It would be a far stretch to get to 3.4 on ANY AMD64, im actually very surprised you got even as far as u did. But basically just slowly increase FSB until it isnt stable. And if ur under 1.4 volts or so increase till ur around 1.4. Mostly just read the overclocking AMD64 guide, it tells u everything u need to know. Basicly no one cares because everyone has moved on to Core2, except us few...

pont

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2004

i agree with you on this .. i think the amd is a dieing breed and wont be till the the new core comes out that anyone cares again.
and lets not talk about the 939 ..damn it was in its time only the best chip to hit the seen in a long time .but we'll jump on the core 2 band wagon and have a fun ride ...
i dont care what anyone says i love my 939 opty

Fignuton

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2007
:bounce: DON'T GIVE UP! Amd is has wonderful cpu I would not own an intel.There very much alive and well, there next generation cpu should be able to out perform the top quad core intel chip. If this helps I have a amd 6000+ x2 running STABLE at 3404.80 mhz at 227 mhz with a 15 multiplier. I had to bump up the vcore voltage to 1.5 and up the memory voltage to 2.2 to keep it stable. I have OCZ reaper 6400 400mhz 4gb ram, timings are set to 5-5-5-15. to keep the temps under control I use a Thermalright ultra 120 extreme AIR cpu cooler with two 120 mm fans, temps are 27 degrees at idle and at 3.4 ghz the max has been 48 degrees under full load. I have 3dmark06 score of 10720 still working on the last little umph. Keep trying I hope this helps!

You're dreaming. I've been using AMD for years, but with the core2 cpus, there is NO reason to get amd anymore. Even the AMD quad got it's butt kicked and barely hanging in as a SERVER cpu, desktop version is out of the question. AMD would really have to rebuilt/design the cpu to come close to Intel but Intel is not waiting around for AMD to catch up, and amd isn't changing the design for awhile. If i had a choice of cpu, E6750 would be the choice. NOTHING of AMD (including overclocked) can even come close to it. And at under $200 can't really beat it either.

dasgoat

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2007
what is your HT link at? drop it and see what happens. i couldn't get past 2.4 without dropping it.

Crap sorry just saw how old this was. i will go back to my hole.

mitchellvii

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
The general word on the street is that anything past 3.2 on the 6000+ is really pushin it. The 6000+ is close to the ceiling on that structure.

Why fry your chip for an extra 6% in desktop performance? I doubt it will make you game any faster and your desktop apps should be running pretty quick at 3.2 anyway.

Leave well enough alone.

grndragon57

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007
Go to the AMD processor forums and find Kazgirls guide to overclocking. She's very good with the 6000 running 24/7 at 3.4 and has had it higher stable.

ryanthesav

Distinguished
May 27, 2007
it just doesn't seem to be stable past 3.3...im gonna try the ram v of 2.2...if there are any other ideas they will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

closed_deal

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Yup upping your ram v should do it that was all that really held me back. I had to up HT and Northbridge voltage a tiny amount before it was stable on my MSI K9A Platinum. Vcore is at 1.54.

HT is linked fine @ 1140 Mhz and so is RAM @ 427 Mhz 1:1 (fairly cheap OCZ). You should be able to tighten ram timings aswell, mine were 5-5-5-15 now 4-4-4-15. Temps are all fine with a Thermalright 120 Ultra and AS5 so with watercooling sure you'll have no probs. Now getting 24 seconds 1m Super Pi as opposed to 30 which was mine at STD.

As some of the above have already said, if this doesn't work try lossening ram, lowering HT multi or change ram ratio. Not much else I can think of I'm afriad. Oh maybe turn off spread spectrum if not off already, it can help stability.

If you get passed 3.4 Ghz plz do tell i can't get mine past 3.42 mainly from heat, I don't really like near 50 C showing up on load. There's not been that many ppl talking about the 6000+ heat ranges. I know intel can have HOT cpu's coz many people ask for help o/cing them, but very few have or care to talk about their 6000+ overclocking experience.

Does anyone know what temps AMD's X2 are happy at? Anyway I hope my experience with this cpu helps.

G

Hello Spanky,

yes the AMD Chips run at a max of 62 C or atleast according to AMD. I wouldnt push it much higher then 3.3Ghz or in that ballpark. i have yet to be impressed by overclocking. This is my first pure AMD NB/SB750 ATI Radeon 4850 and Athlon64 X2 6000+. I am running it at 3.33Ghz and its stable for now. i have no special cooling besides a externaly well ventelated case with fans all over the place. CPU is running at 39C @ No load expect Vista Ultimate 64 Bit and IE. ohh yeah also Asus M3A79-T Deluxe Board. Anything Above 3.33Ghz isnt even stable enough to enter windows.

As it goes for intel, yes intel pwns AMD as of right now and it kinda sad beacuse i can truley feel the raw power of having a AMD build for the first time. but i built this box for about 700.00 after all the little twinks ive done to it. All i gotta say about this is if i went with a intel Nvidia Base i would easily be upto 1.1-1.4 to get the same performance i have come to love