Cpt_wuggles

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
im making a new computer using the asus striker. i need to know what kind of ram will work on it if you could give me links.
also i perfer ram to work without changing stuff in bio's (if at all possible) im looking for 2 to 4 gigs. thank you very much.! :hello:

localcpuguy

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007
Any DDR2 RAM... Check Newegg. What is your purpose going to be for this PC? Are you going to overclock it, Game, just browse the net, or what? I may be able to help you pick what RAM will be best for you.

In general, I would say to pick up Some: Corsair XMS2 PC6400. Awesome RAM for the $, and good brand always.

Cpt_wuggles

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
well my main reason for this computer being built is gameing. but i might not do overclocking. i dont what exces heat unstablility and the life time of my products to be shortened.
i may buy the thermaltake armour. thank you in advance.

P.s. i whant to have my computer ready for sli becouse i will use it in the future as needed. also what type of power supply shopuld i get. nothing expensive.. im on a budget.

That's a great PSU, I got one too :)

Not sure about eBay, I'd rather get a new PSU from a store, with warranty.

You could save some cash with P5N32-E SLI or P5N32-E SLI Plus. Agreed about the Corsair RAM, get that. If you get 4 GB make sure you get 2 sticks of 2 GB each, not 4 sticks of 1 GB each. That chipset has some problems with 4 sticks, not sure they fixed them yet. Besides, 2GB sticks allow later upgrade to 8 GB.

Thermaltake Armor is a great choice, sure.

What CPU do you want? I'd recommend the Q6600, best bang for the buck these days. If that's too expensive then E6750, but it's not as much value.

Cpt_wuggles

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
will tthe slencer support sli with say.. 2 ultras? i whant to know the limits... and can anyone give me a link to the ram. make it ram thats good for gameing. im geting ready for crysis

dswissmiss

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2007
Just a consideration regarding SLi, if money really is of no object to you, then don't worry. But why not just upgrade your single card more often rather than get SLi in the future? Newer graphics cards usually outperform 2 older ones, so I really don't see how its worth it unless you have a really big monitor.

barneybadass

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
check this site frequently for a refure'd PSU... they have the same warranty as a new one and are a few sheckles less. http://www.pcpower.com/specials/

Cpt_wuggles

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
i know that. im saying for crossfire 2900xt...

Cpt_wuggles

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
hello any one there? can u give me a link to some good gameing ram at a reasonabey low price? prerably 4 gb. but 2 is okey ir its a single stick..

randomizer

Champion
No such thing as gaming RAM. Generic RAM is practically the same as expensive stuff for gaming. What you get depends on whether or not you run a 1333MHz FSB or 1066MHz FSB (quad or not basically) and whether you want to OC or not. Generic RAM = overclocking nightmare. Since you may want to OC in the future, if you get a dualy, get some DDR2 667 RAM if you arent going to OC alot, DDR2 800 if you want to go further and DDR2 1066 if you like wasting money and you have liquid nitrogen. If you get a quad, get DDR2 800, or DDR2 1066 again if you have the money. The corsair is pretty good stuff, but so is alot of other brands. Oh and nice avatar ;)

Cpt_wuggles

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
you know what i mean by gameing ram, and i was planing on geting a 800 ddr2.. any links to reasonalbe priced ones with decent quality? :)