(Uber noob) Getting started

odorf07

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2007
Well, I'm pretty new to this so My info prob wont be to much help. The system I'm currently running is:
Mobo: p5n32-e SLI plu
CPU: Pentium D 3.2gHz 940
Ram: G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
GFX: Radeon X1550 pci (from old mobo, planin on purchasing GeForce 8800gts 320mb within 2 weeks)

Can ne1 give any suggestions to link to get me started, or is tehre anything else I need to post? By getting started I dont mean tell me step by step what to do, but rather a hard push into the deepend of a pool... If you get my reference... Sorry if this sounds noob, but after looking for over a week, i've gotten nowhere...

odorf07

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2007
Yes, Generic POS. It came with my Raidmax case. I know I need to update my Processor to a core 2, but for now I'd rather just see if OC my current processor would be worth it.

odorf07

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2007
So will readen up on P4's and C2Q help with a Pd? And the P4 guide, was I supposed to go to the geocites link? The actual forum post was dry...

The first link took you to a post that had some settings you could try, the second one was to give you an idea of what you might find in your BIOS, and what and how much to adjust or not adjust things, if you feel that neither link helped then try typing 'P4 + overclocking' (without the quotation marks) into google and go from there.
HTH

odorf07

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2007
I have a Pentium D, not a pentium 4, lol. Thats why I asked. Would the Pendtum D and the P4 have similar overclocks?

TRENDING THREADS