boner

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
ok my motherboard just came today and i was assembling it right.... so then when i tried to turned it on it the hard drives and the DVD-rom were the only ones that turned on.

what i have in is DDR2-667 Dual channel 512-Mb x 2
450 PSU with 18A in the 12v rail
SAPPHIRE 100172L Radeon X1550 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16
a Pentium D 820
and a COOLER MASTER RR-CCB-WLU1-GP Eclipse CPU Cooler... i connected everything right so i dont think that the motherboard is corrupted or something i think that the memory is the issue... if you think otherwise then tell me what's going on please :whistle: :bounce:

three0duster

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Sounds Like you need to go over all the connections and make sure the processor is seated right. Is it a new proc? I know AMD's wont turn on if the processor is bad. I have a DS3R w/ a e6320 and it fired right up. How much experience do you have with computers? Also try removing the memory and see if it beeps. And what is the recommended voltage for the memory. I think Gigabyte is default to 1.8v and if the memory needs more to start you will have to get some other memory to set it before you can use it. I know that has been a problem for some users.
Hope that helps some

aquatom

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
HI
May sound far fetched, but have you connected all the ATX cables right? The "24 pin" and the right "4 pin" or the "8 pin"? As suggested above go over all your primary connections according to the manuals.
Try reseting the bios too.
Hope all will be OK.