Sign in with
Your question

DESKJET d4260 ....

Last response: in Windows Vista
November 5, 2010 11:39:57 AM

I have a HP d4260 deskjet printer...

Unfortunately, I tried many times to install this printer on my computer... ALL according to manufacturer's instructions...

I see the printer as AVAILABLE and connected to the computer. I see ink levels.. BUT as far as I try to send print jobs or do maintenance on it...

IT is actually perfectly fine on a dell studio laptop W- vista 64... BUT with my desktop, home build,

Can I try to delete all hp registry keys using regedit?

:pt1cable: 

Here is the setup

phenom 9850
4gig ram patriot viper
foxconn a7da-s
WD 1tb * 2
790gx amd chipset...

More about : deskjet d4260

November 5, 2010 12:10:31 PM

Is is set as the default printer?
Is spoolsv.exe running in task manager?
Is the printer que box comming up?
m
l
November 5, 2010 1:09:10 PM

1- yes
2-yes
3-yes print queue box is coming up... but no data received to printer ( no blink on power button)

Like I said, printer is all good according to HP print diagnostics... except that print is not occuring...
m
l
Related resources
November 12, 2010 11:08:23 AM

all these steps had been done while back...

I'm thinking about deleting all HP related registry keys that remains after a complete uninstall...
m
l
November 22, 2010 11:29:18 AM

And now, I'm trying a usb to lan server... unfortunately, manufacturer's drivers aren't good, opening software from tsunami makes my computer go on reset...
TSUNAMI UW 403...

but, I can access the server using it's IP address, I see the printer connected.

I'm trying this because I was able to do print job from a computer to another... I decided to try this device...
m
l
!