abnormal motherboard temperature

Jd

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
hi,
My a8n32 sli deluxe mobo is running at a spectacular 62C!! Everything is on stock, nothing overclocked.
Also it takes quite sometime for the display to show up ~5 minutes after any reboot.
I have checked my RAM and VGA, both are fine. Also there is no problem with my PSU either.
please help

sincerely,
Jd

Jakc

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
nforce 4 boards get very warm and need good caseflow.
I stay away from nforce these days, the alternatives are cooler and take less power.

NaDa

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2004
nForce4 northbridge is hot. The a8n32 has got 2xnforce4 chips on it so it goes crazy. Wait untill you overclock.
IMHO the passive cooling system for the mobo is really weak.

I have the same mobo and I glued (with thermal glue) passive heat sinks on both chips on top of the heatpipe stock cooling. I have also placed a fan to cool these areas. This has helped the mobo alot.

I have noticed that the thermal sensor of the mobo is in the southbridge. Try to glue a heat sink there if your graphic card isn't preventing you. (this could be a bad idea if your mobo is under warranty)

v12golfcart

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
Also heads up for software monitoring collision. This seems to be a pretty common problem when running (i.e. having installed) multiple sensor monitor softwares (especially problematic with AIDA64 and Probe II running at the same time).

TRENDING THREADS