which one do u guys recommend

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
hi all
i want to buy a tv tuner card which have atleast the following:
1) picture-in-picture option
2) any interface (pci express x1 or pci simple)
3) while recording we can view another channel
4) supports vista x64
i hope u guys find me one. price is not much issue, but i will recommend that u find me something which doesnt cost like hell. Hope to hear from u soon. thanks.

Hauppauge makes a dual tuner card, it's called PVR-500 I think. Check it out. TBH I have no idea if it meets your requirements 1 & 4. I found Hauppauge products very good so far, I have a single tuner PVR-150.

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
it doesnt have a remote control, thats a problem and and there is no information about the picture-in-picture. so i assume it doesnt have that feature. so this one is out. any other tv tuner? please help me. thanks.

1) picture-in picture comes from having 2 tuners. I have not found out how to do this in vista. It may require different software.
3) simultaneous view and record different channels comes from having 2 tuners. If it is the same channel, then only one tuner is needed.
You need a card with 2 tuners of the type that can recieve your source.
Do you want digital vs. analog?
cable vs. Over the air?
standard vs. HDTV?
You might need two cards.
http://www.hdtvtunerinfo.com/index.html is a good source for info.
I have a pvr-150 which works with vista(32-bit) home premium media center application very nicely.
I have been testing an avermedia combo pci-e 2 tuner card in 64-bit vista edition with no problems. It has two tuners, but I have not tested them both together yet. I see no reason why it would not work.

lordszone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
it doesnt matter which ever it is, like cable or over the air or standard or hdtv. as long as it has the above mentioned features. just name the tv tuners which have the above mentioned features. Thanks.

Here's my guess: any dual tuner or any two single tuners could solve your problem, but you also need to find the right software. Read about BeyondTV for example, it's a program that seems to get the best reviews these days. That might help with the Picture in Picture part for example. Sorry I don't know, I'm just using Media Center with a single tuner, never worried about PiP....