OS Vista runs fine but problems with games

I just build a new system and installed vista home premium :pfff: .

Windows runs really good no problems at all. When I start Battlefield 2 or run 3Dmark the graphic performance is really bad. When I start Battlefield 2, no problem even the menu screen works fine. When I start to load a map (single and mult. player) it takes forever, after about 5 to 10 minutes I am able to click join. After I clicked on join give it another about 5 min and I see a picture and with a really slow moving mouse I can choose my gun. The game starts VERY slow. The funny part is after about another about 2 or 3 minutes walking around (very slow) the game gets faster and to normal fps like I am used to. I tried all kinds of drivers.
Hopefully you guys have an idea?

My System:
Intel Core2 duo E6550
Patriot DDR2 1GB 800Mhz PC6400
SATA HDD from Samsung (40GB)
SATA DVD
ABIT P35-E Mainboard
Vista Home Premium
I maybe think its the HDD?

Thank you for all your help
7 answers Last reply
More about vista runs fine problems games
  1. 1gb of RAM on VIsta is BAD. get another gig of RAM. Whats your video card
  2. Sorry forgot the most important thing....

Geforce 7300GS OC

I thought the same thing to get more ram but what I think its wierd is that the game runs fine after about 2 or 3 minutes.
  3. Denis84 said:
    Sorry forgot the most important thing....

Geforce 7300GS OC

I thought the same thing to get more ram but what I think its wierd is that the game runs fine after about 2 or 3 minutes.

low ram leads to lots swap file use as you load new things in.
  4. uninstall Vista
    install Windows XP or 2000 pro
    problem will go away probably after that.
  5. [:mousemonkey:2] More RAM and a better graphic card would most likely sort your woes.
  6. dont see why people bother running vista with 1gig. video card sucks too for what your trying to play
  7. nothing wrong with it. it's jsut wat happens with u only have 1gig of ram with vista
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Battlefield Games Windows Vista Graphics