Updating Bios (p4p800 deluxe motherboard)

apoc2020

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
Hello, I would like to update my bios cause it is old and I am hoping it could fix some hardware issues i have encountered. I have tried ez flashing my bios in the past but something went wrong and it didn't work, luckily I don't think it messed anything up. Anyways, I have being trying to use the latest version of asus update to install a newer version of bios but the program keeps freezing after I download the file. I tried earlier versions of bios like 1009 and 1010 an it downloads without freezing but it gives me a waring message saying" The date of the bios image is later than the current one, please flash bios using asus dos utility if you still want to do this." I don't really know what that means but I don't want to update my bios unless I can do it through windows automatically. Does anyone know why this is not working for me? If I can't get this to work can anyone please give me a link to where I can buy a new bios chip for my motherboard? Also, does anyone know the revision number for the p4p800 deluxe? I looked in my manual an on the box and I can't find it anywhere. Thanks for anything you can help me with

Download the correct BIOS from the ASUS website onto your desktop. Open ASUS Update tool. Select 'update BIOS from a file'. Select the file you downloaded onto your desktop. Click Flash Bios. You are the proud new owner of a new BIOS. Proceed at your own risk.