GA-P35-DQ6 / Intel Fan Install Issues!

FloridaDude

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Hi all,

I am putting together a new system and have run into a real problem.

I have a GA-P35-DQ6 (rev 1) and elected to go with the Intel E6750 (1333 FSB). I don't really overclock much, so I am going with the stock box fan.

Except the darn thing won't fit!

I get the processor in the socket and locked down, but when I try to attach the fan, it seems that the metal flanges (that hold the plastic pins) sit too high to allow the plastic pins to engage correctly. I made sure (like 100 times) that the processor is seated correctly. If I remove the processor, the fan locks in fine.

It is clearly a issue with the processor height. There is no interference with the hold down bracket, and the processor sticks up from the level of the hold down brack about 0.5 to 1 mm.

Anyone else with other issues?

Thanks!

Best,
FD

Bibazavr

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
Don't know how to solve this but my friend had a similar problem .And unfortunately he was stupid enough to push so hard that the motherboard
broke .Obviously it stopped working .Well he took the motherboard to the store where he bought it and they didn't seem to notice the crack near the cpu socket .Anyway ,they gave him a new motherboard and everything was fine since then . So if you will not find a way to fix this ,try taking your mobo,fan and the cpu to the vendor you bought from ,maybe they will think of some way to fix this ,or even give you a new fan :)