cmcnorgan

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
Is anyone aware of any web resource that lets you find parts from a wide number of manufacturers that meet certain specifications. For example, suppose I'm putting together a machine and I have certain requirements: I want a video card with over 512 MB of memory, uses PCI-e and has 2 DVI outputs, and I want an Intel motherboard that can support up to 6 SATA devices, and supports software overclocking. Is there a single place that I can go to that would let me find products that have specifications that meet particular requirements?

nitrous9200

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2007
Newegg will in fact do that, it is actually very good at narrowing down to a few choices, however are you looking for an Intel brand motherboard or one that will support an Intel CPU from another brand? Most Intel brand boards don't overclock very well, and Newegg won't be able to tell you whether it does overclock by any method. Software overclocking isn't really the way to go either, it may look easier but it won't provide the best results.

cmcnorgan

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
I wasn't actually looking for any particular motherboard -- the requirements were entirely hypothetical. However newegg.com does seem to have a pretty good advanced search option that can more or less be used to sift through what's out there to find what you need. Thanks guys.