smokedyou911

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Hey, this is a kinda weird question but would an s-video to hd rca ( red, green blue) work for sd rca? I would rather not have to "test it out" because I wish to switch video card in my kinda home theater pc from a 7200 with an rca rca/analog out put to a geforce fx5700 with a s-video/analog/digital output and it can be a pain with the old cards and their drivers...

Thanks for the help in advance,
smoke

If you mean s-video to component video(analog HD with RCA ENDS)
Not quite.

Those adapters use more pins them s-vid. S-vid has 4 pins and those have the s-vid ones plus more.

On the other hand if your TV just has RCA there are s-vid to rca adapters everywhere(they should come with your video card)
svideo.png

on the right is s-vid and the left is s-vid with rca pins. nvidia uses a similar system but the card can also pump out component(HD) video.

smokedyou911

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
oh, thanks. It is an s-vid to hd rca and i'm just trying to get sd rca. The cable came with my 7600gs my tv has s-video but not my receiver, and im trying to wire it though my receiver.

Ok. so your receiver only has composite video in(One yellow RCA also not to be confused for coaxial digital audio audio that also can use a yellow RCA plugged cable)?

If so. you need a s video to composite
2648d36b-b143-4fc2-8522-17396b08eea3.gif

You should be able to find them at your local radio shack(or similar store).

EDIT
Looks like digital coaxial audio is now orange......but on old amps in may be yellow....