Button Glitch

Tags:
  • World Of Warcraft
  • Command Prompt
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows Vista
November 9, 2010 2:19:07 AM

Hey, I'm not really sure where to ask this question:

I have been experiencing a glitch now for about a year that I have found no information on. It only shows itself when I play video games (WoW & Counterstrike). It happens often that I will press A, S, D, W, E, or Q to move, and the command associated to one of those buttons will get stuck. The physical button does not appear to be stuck, but the command continues until I press the button again. I haven't found any pattern to it. It happens with any of those buttons, as well as space bar. It does not happen with my mouse. It occurs probably once every 20-40 seconds.

Dell Studio Laptop
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP2
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00GHz
3GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series

Let me know if you need more information, and thank you for your help =)

More about : button glitch

November 9, 2010 8:58:25 PM

Sticky Keys are not active.

Since it's a laptop, I'm not using an external keyboard. When I looked under device manager under Keyboards, I saw 4 things. It looks like this:

Keyboards
-- Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard
-- Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard
-- Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboards Keys
-- Standard PS/2 Keyboard

Should I remove any of these?
m
l
Related resources
November 9, 2010 10:21:44 PM

Happens to me a lot.. I've associated it with lag and my extremely high ping to the game server
m
l
November 10, 2010 6:53:24 PM

I don't think it's that. Even when I have an awesome connection it happens. I did a little research on those "Microsoft eHome MCIR" drivers... and apparently a lot of people have weird problems with them. And when they uninstall those drivers it's fixed, but then the drivers reinstall themselves. I don't really know where to go from here =P
m
l
November 11, 2010 7:31:23 PM

Go into device manager and disable those drivers they won't try to reinstall then
m
l
November 11, 2010 9:26:49 PM

All these drivers do not have the option "Disable"... just "Uninstall" =/
m
l
!