Outlook Express question

This question is somewhat off-topic, but I didn't get a response in the
Outlook Express NG, so I thought I'd try here.

Outlook Express 6 SP2 is my email and newsgroup program. When I visit
a new newsgroup and then exit, a window is supposed to pop up and ask if I
want to subscribe to it. There is also a small check mark area that will
prevent the question from being asked again. I apparently placed a check
mark there, and would like to undo that. Is this possible?

I want to do this because when I visit a new NG, Outlook Express
automatically subscribes me to it immediately after I exit, even though I
didn't click the "subscribe" button.
1 answer Last reply
More about outlook express question

    Jim Pickering from the OE newsgroup was kind enough to provide me
    with an answer to my problem. Here is his response:

    <<A simple registry edit is required. Open this key in the registry and in
    the right pane will appear all dialogs that have been dismissed. Changing
    the value from 1 to zero will restore the dialog:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{*GUID for Identity
    involved}\Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0\Dont Show Dialogs

    *The GUID for Identity involved is the big long string of numbers and
    letters, when highlighted it will show the name of the Identity involved.
    You can then continue to drill down to the Dont Show Dialogs section.
    You're looking for the "Ask Subscribe" option.>>

    "History Fan" <Unknowntome@unknown.com> wrote in message
    > This question is somewhat off-topic, but I didn't get a response in
    > the Outlook Express NG, so I thought I'd try here.
    >
    > Outlook Express 6 SP2 is my email and newsgroup program. When I
    > visit a new newsgroup and then exit, a window is supposed to pop up and
    > ask if I want to subscribe to it. There is also a small check mark area
    > that will prevent the question from being asked again. I apparently
    > placed a check mark there, and would like to undo that. Is this possible?
    >
    > I want to do this because when I visit a new NG, Outlook Express
    > automatically subscribes me to it immediately after I exit, even though I
    > didn't click the "subscribe" button.

Outlook Express Newsgroup Microsoft Windows XP