R.E. Outbreak...Is It Really THAT bad?

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Two different guys at work are telling me some very negative reviews.
The gameplay is ruined by dragging around extra characters. And their
constant useless chatter forces you to actually turn the volume off.
No one here is raving. So what is the deal? Is this the deathblow of
the series?

Message terminated. Resume acting innocent.
7 answers Last reply
More about outbreak
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    No, it's not *THAT* bad. It's certainly a better game than previous
    spin-offs (apart from CODE: Veronica, which didn't fall far from the
    tree). That said, it's not outstanding the way RE 1, RE 2, or REmake
    were.

    --
    Best,
    Imad Hussain

    Its not bad at all. I got it last week and didn't have much of chance to
    play until today. So far I like it a lot. I can feel the addiction starting
    to happen.

    In general you have to do a lot of baby-sitting of the CPU characters. At
    first its a burden because you're trying to figure out the controls while
    zombies are kicking your ass and then you got to help your comrades every
    minute or two.

    And their chatter does get annoying as hell. Half the time what they say
    doesn't relate to what they are doing. And they repeat the same nonsensical
    phrase over and over again sometimes. I'm really confused about that whole
    feature. In addition to their yapping, there are endless lines of dialog
    across the screen. I can't tell if that text is what the others are saying
    or my dialog choices or what I'm thinking or what they are thinking. I
    thought it was a good idea that the online game doesn't allow headset chat
    or even keyboarded text. I figured other gamers would ruin it by saying
    stupid things and ruin the atmosphere. But the CPU characters say plenty
    stupid things on their own.

    It would seem to me that playing online with real people would fix those
    problems.

    Other than that, my only other major complaint is the load times. You need
    to constantly go in and out of rooms and each time there's a looong wait.

    Despite that, its a lot of fun. It has a different feel to it for RE. Its
    more game-like than the main series (which is more movie-like by
    comparison.) Its somewhere between an RE bonus battle game and a regular
    RE. You have a lot of options on how to fight and do things which I think
    will add to the replay value. And because its sectioned into scenarios, you
    can have some quick fun instead doing a lengthy traditional RE.

    I think if you ask RE fans, most will recommend it.

    -B O N G O

    guitar guy wrote:

    > Two different guys at work are telling me some very negative reviews.
    > The gameplay is ruined by dragging around extra characters. And their
    > constant useless chatter forces you to actually turn the volume off.
    > No one here is raving. So what is the deal? Is this the deathblow of
    > the series?
    >
    > Message terminated. Resume acting innocent.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    The 1p game is pretty good.

    The online game is awesome, and incredibly addicting. Well worth the money.

    - Creflo

    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

    For videos of prank calls to live TV:

    http://www.thankyoufortakingmycall.com
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    I dont have a PS2...but thinking about getting one...is there a monthly fee or
    charge for using its online capabilities?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    On 26 Apr 2004 12:48:11 -0700, subgeniusyeti@yahoo.com (ExpandingMan)
    wrote:

    >The 1p game is pretty good.
    >
    >The online game is awesome, and incredibly addicting. Well worth the money.

    But realistically, how long will the multiplayer aspect remain
    interesting?

    I can go back and replay the RE games over and over and never get
    tired of them, but to do so online would seem kind of pointless to me.

    >- Creflo
    >
    >-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    >
    >For videos of prank calls to live TV:
    >
    >http://www.thankyoufortakingmycall.com
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    >I can go back and replay the RE games over and over and never get
    >tired of them, but to do so online would seem kind of pointless to me.

    Well, everytime you play the regular games at home, youre playing the same
    thing over and over. Outbreak...once you start getting bored, you could change
    your tactics for different outcomes...pull a Wesker...turn on the group,
    abandon them, sabotage their efforts ^_^
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    Nekofrog wrote:

    > On 26 Apr 2004 12:48:11 -0700, subgeniusyeti@yahoo.com (ExpandingMan)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >The 1p game is pretty good.
    > >
    > >The online game is awesome, and incredibly addicting. Well worth the money.
    > >

    > But realistically, how long will the multiplayer aspect remain
    > interesting?
    >
    > I can go back and replay the RE games over and over and never get
    > tired of them, but to do so online would seem kind of pointless to me.

    I haven't played it online yet. But wouldn't the online aspect make it less
    predictable and therefore more re-playable?

    --B O N G O

Reviews Games Video Games