• PNY 8800 GTX 768 MB PCI ~ VCG8800XXPB

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • XFX 8800 GTX 768 MB PCI ~ PVT80FSHF9

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

arods3

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
Can people give me their opinions regarding which card is a better card to go with. Which has more performance XFX or PNY; which is better in value, which has better warrenty which can over clock more.

Post some links (to newegg, or wherever) so we can see the frequencies, because that's the only thing that will make one of these cards faster than the other.

I like XFX more anyway because they have a better reputation for quality. I also heard some things I didn't like about PNY's warranties.

Why only PNY and XFX? When I bought my 8800 GTX I read a lot of reviews and narrowed it down to eVGA and BFG. I got a BFG 8800 GTX OC2 in the end.

Edit: if you intend to overclock the card yourself then you want to buy the one with the lowest frequency. One that is already factory overclocked will probably cost more and will allow very little further overclocking.

They're both at 575 Mz Core clock. I'd go with XFX, all other things being equal, because their warranty is really good. You are paying the same price either way, right? I mean, if the PNY is $100 cheaper I would go PNY...

arods3

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2007
I would go for the $100 bucks cheaper but on dells site it's actually just 10 bucks more for the XFX. SO for now what everyone has been saying the XFX sounds better.