Sign in with
Your question

How to find oracle odbc driver

Last response: in Applications
February 22, 2012 12:26:40 PM

Hello,
i am using oracle 10g and visual basic 6.0..for some reason i am getting a compiler error as 'no data sources and no default driver found' i added my system uid n password for oracle in the system dns for odbc connection. my os is 32 bit and windows 7 home basic...i dont know wat else to do please help..i want to know how to connect front end back end here, how to add data sources..im using ADO and my database consists of a single table with a query for retrieving all the fields.
February 26, 2012 9:15:59 AM

pravi1991 said:
Hello,
i am using oracle 10g and visual basic 6.0..for some reason i am getting a compiler error as 'no data sources and no default driver found' i added my system uid n password for oracle in the system dns for odbc connection. my os is 32 bit and windows 7 home basic...i dont know wat else to do please help..i want to know how to connect front end back end here, how to add data sources..im using ADO and my database consists of a single table with a query for retrieving all the fields.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/indexes/downloads/ind...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop...
m
l
January 29, 2014 7:14:02 AM

pravi1991 said:
Hello,

m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2014 9:38:02 AM

@Pravi, vb6.0 is almost as old as you are. If you are building new application, why not build on something more modern? Visual Basic.NET is pretty good up-step from VB6.0, you can reuse your language skills, and recent Visual Stiodio editions are much better in data binding.
m
l
August 5, 2014 2:07:54 AM

If anyone out there is looking for a reliable Oracle ODBC Driver take a look at this one from Easysoft.
Use the free 14 day trial to test it agaist your own installation and specific installation.
m
l
!