Temperature Monitor

jwolf24601

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
I recently installed Speedfan to check my temperatures.

It says my fan is at 450000rpm so I am assuming the zalman controller is interfering with that.

Core temps look good 27/26 idle, load temps 45/43

But the first reading which looks like northbridge is reading 51 idle and 65 load.

Is that normal for the P35?

Speedfan 4.32 does not have my motherboard listed, could that be effecting my results?

Is there a better temperature monitor for my P35-DS3R I should try?

Does anyone make aftermarket heatsinks for the P35 yet? Low enough to fit under my 7700 Zalman?

akhilles

Splendid
I seriously doubt there's a program that can read future hardware. Speedfan hasn't been updated lately. There have been some new hardware coming out.

You would get a better fan speed reading with Gigabyte's EasyTune 5 (on the mobo cd).

You mean a chipset heatsink? There are quite a number of them out there. Mine is:

http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_product_hr05sli.htm

I'm pretty sure it will work with anything as long as there is about 3cm clearance between the video & cpu cooler. It was in my 650i board's southbright. Now it's on my P35 northbridge. My chipset temp is 37'c right now at idle. You can even tie an 80mm fan to the heatsink with 2 long zip-ties. The heatsink can swing around after install to get out of the way.