Sign in with
Your question
Closed

No Audio Device

Last response: in Windows XP
February 2, 2010 8:51:10 PM

Hello,I have a realtek HDMI sound card but after deleting and having Windows XP SP3 detect and re-install it I still have NO AUDIO Device in the Control Panel>Sound panel Playback box.
Thanks for any help
Norman

More about : audio device

February 3, 2010 12:04:12 AM

Try doing a Start-->Run--->Services.msc Scroll down to Windows Audio and make sure the process is started.
Score
a b \ Driver
February 3, 2010 1:42:31 AM

You may also have to visit the Realtek website to download the HD driver for your audio, not all drivers are in the MS servicepacks. You'll need to know you operating system (WinXPx86 or WinXPx64) and the codec, e.g., ALC885 for your hardware.
Score
Related resources
February 3, 2010 6:23:24 AM

dassox said:
Try doing a Start-->Run--->Services.msc Scroll down to Windows Audio and make sure the process is started.

Hi Dassox thanks for your quick response to my problem,Windows Audio service is running with automatic startup.
thanks again
Norman
Score
February 3, 2010 7:57:09 AM

saran008 said:
Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs

Download this and Install!

Thanks for time and thoughts on my problem,downloaded driver ,same v as I was already running.
No luck
Thanks again
Norman
Score
February 3, 2010 8:07:54 AM

Can you see your Sound Card in Device manager and if so are there any warnings associated with the device?
Score
a b \ Driver
February 3, 2010 8:09:35 AM

1.Uninstall your sound card driver using Driver Cleaner Pro v1.5
2. Switch off Computer.
3. Plug out & reseat the sound card.
4. restart & Install Latest driver from Realtek.
Score
February 3, 2010 10:02:12 AM

dassox said:
Can you see your Sound Card in Device manager and if so are there any warnings associated with the device?

Hi again dassox,Everywhere I look Device manager,Sounds and audio devices,the sound card and drivers are showing OK as expected. in control panel>sounds and audio devices the volume tab shows NO AUDIO DEVICE, the audio and voice tabs have the default playback device "greyed out" but default recording devices are realtek HD as expected,all other tabs display devices as installed and working correctly,drivers etc have no conflicts.
Once again thanks for your thoughts
Norman
Score
February 3, 2010 10:07:01 AM

saran008 said:
1.Uninstall your sound card driver using Driver Cleaner Pro v1.5
2. Switch off Computer.
3. Plug out & reseat the sound card.
4. restart & Install Latest driver from Realtek.

Hi saran,used Driver Cleaner to uninstall,it picked up 1 more file than previous uninstalls,Reseated card Windows found the card on reboot and installed the latest driver that I downloaded today.
Still the problem stays with me
Thanks for your time
Norman
Score
February 3, 2010 10:45:08 AM

I see on that link above for driver downloads there is an option for "ATI HDMI Audio Device" have you tried that driver or the R2.41 release? Also you could try an older driver version.
Score
February 4, 2010 12:34:36 AM

Hi again,I don't think it is a driver problem more of an XP SP3 issue.
I have installed 4 versions of realtek drivers and obviously none have solved my problem.
Thanks again
Norman
Score
a b \ Driver
March 2, 2012 8:12:38 PM

[:thegreatgrapeape:7]
Score
!