8800GTS 640 questions

newbuilder3

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2007
I have this card (evga) along with an evga 680i a1 board and i was wondering what is the best tool for overclocking? i did NOT install the ntune app for the mobo because i handle most settings in the bios, and the nvidia control panel for the card doesn't have oc options. I also heard the coolbits registry thing doesn't work anymore. I know that oc can be done through ntune, but does this work ok/ is it a good option?

Also, could anyone point me to an application that will monitor temps, fps, etc on screen while playing a game. I have switched over from ATI and i used to use ATI tray tools for this but haven't been able to find a similar program for nvidia

Also is forceware the same thing as drivers for nvidia? i actually got an update for the drivers through windows update....is this normal or do you ususally have to download them from nvidia? i think i have 162.22, but there is another number that is 50.xx.xxx.xx in the driver properties window. Just want to make sure i have the latest of everything.

Thanks in advance!

eaglesfan

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
May as well use Riva Tuner

ATItool works for it...however, it does not operate fan speeds.

For me, and most others, fan speed adjustment by temperature is part of OC'ing.

ATItool is my favorite prog out there. It rocked my 9500np (soft mod) and X1800xt.

Just wish it worked now with my 8800GTS 640 :(

Maybe in a future beta update