Windows 7 non start-up

it88man

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
Hello,
I have a HP dv6 laptop computer. One morning when I went to start it up, it did not get pass a bluish white screen, one I have never seen before. I was not able to use any keys and the computer never got to the desktop screen. Could you please help me? I know that you may require a lot more information and I am willing to provide such by answering any questions that you may have.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sounds like you have suffered an undetermined hardware failure. Do you have access to an external monitor that you can connect? If so, it may simply be your display and not the entire system.

Have you had any other problems leading up to this issue?

try it on an external monitor--it may only need a new ribbon to the lcd--but the dv 6 series are notorious for overheating breaking down the solder on the graphics chip

look on google for hp dv6000 problems you will see what i mean--there was a recall and class action lawsuit and extended warranty over it all

COLGeek

Cybernaut

BTW, the warranty/recall effort has expired. Otherwise, this is the leading candidate for the problem. Use of an external monitor will help to isolate the problem.