Now for some reason they download files at a rate near 30kb/s and I used to get alot more though. I have used CCleaner to see if that would fix anything, but it did not.
I tried moving my laptop (Lenovo G550) closer to my router (Linksys e3200) but it didn't work. I know that this is not a problem with my internet for I get great download speeds on uTorrent and Steam. The highest dl speed on steam is 4mb/s dl (never dips under 2mb/s) and for utorrent I usually get near 2.3mb/s. Ex: Downloading a huge file of 18gb at a rate of 2.4mb/s
My internet connection speed - 54.0Mbps
My network adapter - Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter
Enabling or disabling any type of firewall wont change anything.