How do i know if i got SuperClocked?

kovar

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007
I just bought EVGA 8800GTS 320MB SuperClocked.

How do i know if i got the SC or the regular?
When i chek in System Information is 8800gts 320.

cpburns

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
If you bought a SuperClocked, chances are... it's a SuperClocked. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it might just be a duck. In any case, you can verify its speeds using a tool such as RivaTuner or ATITool.

Check that the stated speeds on the box match(more or less it wont be exact)the speeds you get on riva tunner or some other ocing prog dont know but would think there is one built in to the control pannel.
Dont forget that the mem is going to be half what it says on the box as its double data rate and they put the effective on the box ( Bigger number looks better).
Mactronix

randomizer

Champion

That's because system information gives you the name of the standard card. The SuperClocked card is exactly the same as a normal 8800GTS 320Mb, except the clocks are higher. They could call it whatever they want - HighClocked, OverClocked, FullySickClocked - doesn't matter. It's still an 8800GTS. Therefore that's what windows detects it as. Now as suggested previously, use a program such as Rivatuner to check the actual clock speeds. And as mactronix said, the memory will likely be read as half of what it says on the box, this is normal. Technically the RAM doesn't run at the speed on the box, but because it transfers twice per clock, it is has the same performance as it would if it DID run at the rated speed. Don't go trying to push it to what you think it should be, or it will screw up bad time :pt1cable:

Hope this helps.

slashzapper

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Hey Random -you are right on most points except that firstly its not like the regular vanilla card -difference is the ram modules, they are faster also as such they allow you to push the card much harder in overclocking . Here check this review

http://www.firingsquad.com/hw/7079/eVGA_GeForce_8800_GTS_Superclocked_ 320MB_GDDR3/

Superclocked clock speeds: As its name implies, EVGA overclocks their e-GeForce 8800 GTS Superclocked board from the factory for added performance. Not only are the graphics core and memory overclocked, the stream processors are as well. EVGA clocks them at 1.35GHz, the same speed as the GeForce 8800 GTX, while the graphics core runs at 575MHz, which is also the same speed as the GTX. Meanwhile, the board%u2019s memory runs at 850MHz, this is 50MHz higher than the stock GeForce 8800 GTS.

Because of these changes, EVGA%u2019s e-GeForce 8800 GTS Superclocked outperforms the stock GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB, despite having half the onboard memory.

So as you an see they can be pushed real hard . They are after all super clocker huahahahaha ..hehe. i own one it is wicked ;)

slashzapper

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
No random you are not getting it , i mean the speed of the ram is clocked faster and so are the stream processors . the ram is 1ns and faster than the normal card ram . ITs hardware so windows has got nothing to do with it . ITS LIKE a turbo on a engine ;)

cory1234

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
Check on the back of the card if you dont have the box.
N815 is superclocked. N811 is the regular.

The easiest way thought is to look at the box ;P Mine says superclocked all over it.

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I would assume they don't use superior parts on an OCed GTS; otherwise they would surely include that fact in the advertising.

It's just a simple matter of raised clock speeds (something you can do yourself quite easily).

I wouldn't buy factory OCed unless it had a good game with it.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Hey slash, randomizer was saying that Windows sees the card as the generic 8800GTS 320Mb, you need Riva or ATI tool to see that it is overclocked in windows, nothing more nothing less.

Edited for abusiveness