Sign in with
Your question

F11

Last response: in Windows Vista
November 18, 2010 1:02:56 AM

Hello,i have vista, a compaq presorio cq50, i got some crap virus software on here and it wouldn't let me do anything, i shut down the pc and now it just says bootmgr is missing press ctrl alt delete, and it doesn't do anything when i do that

More about : f11

November 18, 2010 1:47:57 AM

f11 doesn't do anything, just have press ctrl alt delete,. message to start. but nothing happens when i do that?
m
l
November 19, 2010 3:34:09 PM

This next topics has been merged by Aford10
  • Help!
    m
    l
    Related resources
    November 19, 2010 3:35:52 PM

Run through the malware guide in my signature. You need to tap the appropriate key, to access safe mode, before yuo get the ctrl+alt+delete message.
    m
    l
    November 28, 2010 2:19:13 PM

mike2fun said:
    Hello,i have vista, a compaq presorio cq50, i got some crap virus software on here and it wouldn't let me do anything, i shut down the pc and now it just says bootmgr is missing press ctrl alt delete, and it doesn't do anything when i do that

i see that i am supposed to tap the f8 key instead before the "boot mgr missing" message pops up. but it didn't do anything either. if i don't have a windows disc am i screwed? is there any hope? thx.
    m
    l
    November 28, 2010 2:20:46 PM

aford10 said:
    Run through the malware guide in my signature. You need to tap the appropriate key, to access safe mode, before yuo get the ctrl+alt+delete message.

i see that i am supposed to tap the f8 key instead before the "boot mgr missing" message pops up. but it didn't do anything either. if i don't have a windows disc am i screwed? is there any hope? thx.
    m
    l
    November 29, 2010 12:10:12 AM

If you don't have a windows disc, it likely has a recovery partition. It should tell you the keystroke to enter that recovery on startup. Unless you know someone you can borrow a Vista disc from, that's about your only option.
    m
    l
    !