F11

Hello,i have vista, a compaq presorio cq50, i got some crap virus software on here and it wouldn't let me do anything, i shut down the pc and now it just says bootmgr is missing press ctrl alt delete, and it doesn't do anything when i do that
6 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. f11 doesn't do anything, just have press ctrl alt delete,. message to start. but nothing happens when i do that?
  2. This next topics has been merged by Aford10
    Help!
  3. Run through the malware guide in my signature. You need to tap the appropriate key, to access safe mode, before yuo get the ctrl+alt+delete message.
  4. mike2fun said:
    Hello,i have vista, a compaq presorio cq50, i got some crap virus software on here and it wouldn't let me do anything, i shut down the pc and now it just says bootmgr is missing press ctrl alt delete, and it doesn't do anything when i do that

i see that i am supposed to tap the f8 key instead before the "boot mgr missing" message pops up. but it didn't do anything either. if i don't have a windows disc am i screwed? is there any hope? thx.
  5. aford10 said:
    Run through the malware guide in my signature. You need to tap the appropriate key, to access safe mode, before yuo get the ctrl+alt+delete message.

i see that i am supposed to tap the f8 key instead before the "boot mgr missing" message pops up. but it didn't do anything either. if i don't have a windows disc am i screwed? is there any hope? thx.
  6. If you don't have a windows disc, it likely has a recovery partition. It should tell you the keystroke to enter that recovery on startup. Unless you know someone you can borrow a Vista disc from, that's about your only option.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Vista