Fax Broadcasting ( setup procedures)

Hi all,

I wanted to get some general advice from those who knows about fax broadcasting. I ran a small doorhanger service and now I want to include fax broadcasting as well. Did some research on my printer/fax (Cannon MF), and as stated it can only store up to 3000 entries and can only send up to 120 locations in one shot.

Based on research, here are a few concerns I am looking @:

1. I need a software that can have the capability of holding up to 500,000 entries.. I did look into fax softwares, but it didn't specify the entry amount.

2. How complicated is the setup for fax broadcasting? Is faxbroadcasting a simple "plug&play" concept.. meaning that all I need really is a fax number, fax software, and a fax machine.. or does it get complicated. I did read online that it involves fax servers, registering multiple ports for higher success.
4 answers Last reply
More about broadcasting setup procedures
  1. kitjaii said:
    Hi all,

I wanted to get some general advice from those who knows about fax broadcasting. I ran a small doorhanger service and now I want to include fax broadcasting as well. Did some research on my printer/fax (Cannon MF), and as stated it can only store up to 3000 entries and can only send up to 120 locations in one shot.

Based on research, here are a few concerns I am looking @:

1. I need a software that can have the capability of holding up to 500,000 entries.. I did look into fax softwares, but it didn't specify the entry amount.

2. How complicated is the setup for fax broadcasting? Is faxbroadcasting a simple "plug&play" concept.. meaning that all I need really is a fax number, fax software, and a fax machine.. or does it get complicated. I did read online that it involves fax servers, registering multiple ports for higher success.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=fax+500%2C000+at+one+time+%28broadcasting%29&form=MOZSBR&pc=MOZI
    Sorry, cannot take a lot of time to explain it, when you can just google it.
  2. Thank you for the advice, I wanted to know if there were any specific softwares that worked well in general. I did do research and came up with several:

1.joyfax
    2. black ice

Both software had a mixture of both bad and good feedbacks.
  3. We use faxback at work. We don't use it with an exchange server since we have the SMTP addon. We do not use it for broadcasting, but it can be used for that. Here is a link you can look at.

http://www.faxback.com/Products/FaxBroadcasting.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Enterprise Software Fax Software Apps