+3.3V probem in Asus Probe

What brand is your PSU? ASUS Probe is pointing out that your 3.3v rail might be undervolting, on the other hand if your not suffering any instabilities, then you should be fine ;)

blind_masseur

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
It's an enermax 360W (or 400W I don't remember) it's a little over 4 years old but I've never had any problems with it. It was suggested that I just lowed the warning threshold in asus probe, but the max it will allow is a 15% difference from 3.3V (it was at 10%).

blind_masseur

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Someone at another forum told me that I could suffer hardware damage if it was running under 3V and suggested I clean the 3.3V sockets with rubbing alcohol and try unplugging the 20/24 pin socket. Is this a good suggestion?

[:mousemonkey:1] Unplugging the 20/24 pin connector would solve the problem as the machine would no longer run!
However now might be a good time to invest in a new PSU my friend.

P.S I vote Corsair

PCD

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Looks like both your 3.3 and 12 Volt are out of specs while 5 Volt is OK. Allowed variation is +/- 5%. Try measure the voltage using a voltmeter while the computer is both idle and hard at work.

randomizer

Champion
ASUS Probe = hopeless software.

It always gives erratic readings and if another monitoring program is running, its even worse (excessively high or low or even non-existent readings). Try running a different program like speedfan or everest.

EDIT: FYI very little runs off the 3.3V rail, so even if it is a little out of spec, it shouldnt be a major issue.