Games will not load on Windows XP

G

Two games were recently bought for my young brother & sister, & neither of them will work on thier computers.

One of their computers (we'll call this Computer 1)has previously played games fine. But for some strange reason, it doesn't want to play "The Spongebob Squarepants Movie". I can't figure out what it is. I'm pretty sure it's not the drivers, nor does running it in compatability mode make any difference. It's installed fine, it's just that when you load it up the screen goes black for a second, & then comes up with the error box asking whether you want to send an error report.

The other computer (we'll call this Computer 2) has recently just been reformatted & had XP installed back on it. The drivers have all been installed, & there's nothing else on it. Yet, when trying to load up the other game - "102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue" - it just does exactly the game thing; the screen goes black for a second, & then comes up with the error report box-thing.

Now, I should probably point out that I'm not an idiot when it comes to this kinda stuff as I do computer repair/set-up/etc for a living, but I can not for the life of me figure out what the problem is here.

I have also tried to install & play Disney's Magical Tour Racing on Computer 2, but it seems to be doing the same thing as the other 2 games.

Can anybody help me?

G

They're not movies, they're games.

Both computers are running on Windows XP SP2.

G

It is the [game].exe file that is crashing, for example when trying to load the 102 Dalmations game, it is "Pcdogs.exe".

I just tried playing them in Safe Mode, & it was doing the exact same thing.

G

I've had Disney Magical Tour Racing run on XP before, as that's an old favorite of mine. And we've had the Spongebob game working on Vista, but the Spongebob game & the Dalmations game were only bought yesterday & have not been tried on any other XP computers.

It could be a registry problem. Seems odd that a fairly new OS install would have registry problems already. Might be worth a shot though. Try using ccleaner to check the registry.
http://www.ccleaner.com/