RE4-REvision3

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Here are the RE4 questions on my mind now....

1) What's reason that Capcom gave up on the second version RE4? (It
looked good to me.) The reason they dumped the first version (the PS2
one) was they thought it was fun but it didn't feel like RE. You would
think they would have made damn sure to plan it out to their liking once
they had to start over again.

2) When the RE4 trailer from last year was revealed Shinji said,
"Resident Evil 4 will be scarier than ever before. Don't pee your
pants!" I could see how that would be the case with the possessed dolls,
moose heads, etc. Does he *still* offer that warning? I don't recall
reading a statement so bold for this newest RE4. Should we cancel our
Depends order? Actually what I saw in the newest trailer looks like it
*could* be scary but not in an eerie way. This looks more scary in the
way "Dino Crisis" was scary (if you can call it that.) It looks more
scary in an action adventure way. Also the sea creature and the giant
gray guy don't seem that scary. In fact, they out of place. Its as if
they should be in some kind EverQuest or FF game..

3) How did they have time to start over from scratch again only a year
(or less) ago when a release is planned for November 2004? When did they
decide to make the change? Was it soon after they debuted the trailer?
Or did they just start on it a month ago? Have we waited all these year
for RE4 only to have it be a rushed, last minute project?

4) They left us with cliffhanger at the end of RE2. We've waited years
to see Leon take down Umbrella as promised. (They even reiterated that
plot direction with the RE3 epilog card.) Now Shinji casually mentions
Umbrella was dismantled a few years back. What was to be RE4's plot, is
now its just a footnote.

-B O N G O

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

In message <4085F2C0.913A81D4@earthlink.net>
Bongo <octavalvehandle@earthlink.net> wrote:

> 4) They left us with cliffhanger at the end of RE2. We've waited years
> to see Leon take down Umbrella as promised. (They even reiterated that
> plot direction with the RE3 epilog card.) Now Shinji casually mentions
> Umbrella was dismantled a few years back. What was to be RE4's plot, is
> now its just a footnote.

As of RE:CV I got the distinct impression that Umbrella were not the
only people making biological weapons. The RE4 plot-dodge that's been
implemented is pretty typical of Capcom, I was half expecting RE:CV to
be Umbrella Vs. Another bio-weapons company. Then it turned out to be
Wesker attacking the island. Ho-hum.

Cheers,
Rob