***Intel MOBO D975XBX BIG Problem*** Please Help

Malice19

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
Hi all,

Thought i would pick your fault finding brains to help me figure out what he hell is wrong with my new Rig :confused:

I have

■Intel Desktop Board D975XBX
■Intel core 2 duo E6700
■Enermax 620W PSU
■Ge-Force 7900GTX
■500 GB HDD

Problems I've got is that I've built it all and turn it on but just get the CPU Fan running at full speed and no display at all.

So i tried a new Graphics card and still the same, So thought it must be the MOBO or the CPU, So i tried re-seating the CPU fan, still no joy.... so tried the CPU in another PC and that works fine.

So you would think the Answer is = Dead MOBO :O

So i got it replaced and guess what is still doing the same thing.... :help: fan on MAX Speed!

Can some one in lighten me please coz I'm st-upped? :surrender:

Thanks all! :bowdown:

1f13024128a0b3ba171ec010.L.jpg

Malice19

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2007
I have even tried the support page... but no joy?
I have also tried both way of connecting the CPU power to the MOBO,

If i just have one connected the Fans will spin up for a 1 sec, if i have both connected then the Fans all stay on Max?

"2x2 or 2x4 Power Connector Not Plugged In"
If the power supply cable with the 2x2 connector or 2x4 connector (depending on your desktop board), is not plugged into the 12V processor
core voltage connector located near the processor socket, the system will not boot up. You will see lights onboard and on the chassis front panel
and the processor fan will spin, but nothing will appear on the monitor. See figures below for cable placement.

2x2.jpg

2x4.jpg

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-010254.htm

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
If you're running 2 sticks of RAM have you tested each? If one, have you tried different RAM? Have you tried a different monitor? If none of these, take out the mobo and try it adding one component at a time. Make sure you have the exact number of standoffs and that each is screwed in. One time I ran into this and I had forgotten to turn on the monitor so I always check that. :pt1cable:

wirelesschip

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
hey pal i was wondering if u eve got tha fix? cuz im having the same problem! brand new board have for like a year in the box i don't understand power up board led cpu fan running on max no display
core 2 duo 3.16 mhz ,ge force 9800gt 1gb ddr3, 2 gb ram ddr 2 667, 450w psu with all plugs needed, thanks in advance!

ksr1989

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
it seems that the processor is not seated properly to the motherboard, once check it perfectly...
;)

and make sure that it is perfectly seated ...
:)