Resident Evil 4, Will it be multiformat?

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Hi all. Having reacently seen the video for resident evil 4 on the
gamecube I was starting to wonder if there were going to be releases
of the game on other formats like XBOX or PC as I personaly dont have
a Gamecube and can't afford to buy one but am still a big res evil
fan. If anyone has any information then please reply to this message
and it would be appriciated as I would like the info. Thanks.
11 answers Last reply
More about resident evil multiformat
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    "Spector" <ronin_uk@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all. Having reacently seen the video for resident evil 4 on the
    > gamecube I was starting to wonder if there were going to be releases
    > of the game on other formats like XBOX or PC as I personaly dont have
    > a Gamecube and can't afford to buy one but am still a big res evil
    > fan. If anyone has any information then please reply to this message
    > and it would be appriciated as I would like the info. Thanks.

    Only on the Cube.
    Though if you can't afford a Cube just take some old games to a Blockbuster
    Game Rush store (they seem to give some insanely good trade in value) and
    get you a Cube that way. Cubes are only $100 now and it would only take a
    couple of games to get one down to a normal new game price.
    If you have a Fry's Electronics in your area they are selling Rouge Ops for
    the Cube at $10. BB Game Rush is buying (well trading in) that game for
    $25. Buy 4 and trade them in for a Cube if you're really desperate.
    Or you could just pass on buying two new games from now until when RE4 is
    released and get you a Cube then.
    Anyway you do it you should get a GC. It has some great games on it. Not
    to mention if you're a big RE fan you can pick up the REmake and Zero.

    WK
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    On 22 Apr 2004 01:16:08 -0700, ronin_uk@msn.com (Spector) wrote:

    >Hi all. Having reacently seen the video for resident evil 4 on the
    >gamecube I was starting to wonder if there were going to be releases
    >of the game on other formats like XBOX or PC as I personaly dont have
    >a Gamecube and can't afford to buy one but am still a big res evil
    >fan. If anyone has any information then please reply to this message
    >and it would be appriciated as I would like the info. Thanks.

    Nope. You're SOL.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    "The Wombat King" <You@CantHave.It> wrote in message news:<108fkec95qibibe@corp.supernews.com>...
    > "Spector" <ronin_uk@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all. Having reacently seen the video for resident evil 4 on the
    > > gamecube I was starting to wonder if there were going to be releases
    > > of the game on other formats like XBOX or PC as I personaly dont have
    > > a Gamecube and can't afford to buy one but am still a big res evil
    > > fan. If anyone has any information then please reply to this message
    > > and it would be appriciated as I would like the info. Thanks.
    >
    > Only on the Cube.
    > Though if you can't afford a Cube just take some old games to a Blockbuster
    > Game Rush store (they seem to give some insanely good trade in value) and
    > get you a Cube that way. Cubes are only $100 now and it would only take a
    > couple of games to get one down to a normal new game price.
    > If you have a Fry's Electronics in your area they are selling Rouge Ops for
    > the Cube at $10. BB Game Rush is buying (well trading in) that game for
    > $25. Buy 4 and trade them in for a Cube if you're really desperate.
    > Or you could just pass on buying two new games from now until when RE4 is
    > released and get you a Cube then.
    > Anyway you do it you should get a GC. It has some great games on it. Not
    > to mention if you're a big RE fan you can pick up the REmake and Zero.
    >
    > WK
    -----

    I strongly advise in buying a Gamecube, they are dirt cheap and great consoles.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    Thanks for the reply. I live in the UK. Blockbusters here don't do
    trades, best we have is game. Unfortunately I don't have any games to
    trade in either or at least not enough to make a dent in the price of
    a new console but thanks for the info
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    In message <7ee58cb2.0404221324.62330203@posting.google.com>
    rua@oohnasty.com (Rua) wrote:

    > I strongly advise in buying a Gamecube, they are dirt cheap and great > consoles.

    I'm getting one in a couple of weeks for my birthday, but I'm still not entirely convinced that the GC is my future main-gaming platform.

    Still, Argos are doing them with an extra mem card, controller and four games for 100ukp, so I agree it is great VFM.

    Can't wait to get stuck back into the action <pumps shotgun and grins>

    Cheers,
    Rob
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    "Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > In message <7ee58cb2.0404221324.62330203@posting.google.com>
    > rua@oohnasty.com (Rua) wrote:
    >
    > > I strongly advise in buying a Gamecube, they are dirt cheap and great
    > consoles.
    >
    > I'm getting one in a couple of weeks for my birthday, but I'm still not
    entirely convinced that the GC is my future main-gaming platform.

    > Still, Argos are doing them with an extra mem card, controller and four
    games for 100ukp, so I agree it is great VFM.

    > Can't wait to get stuck back into the action <pumps shotgun and grins>
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Rob

    Erm, I got one for £90-ish.... FF:crystal chronicles... and a £5 used,
    60-odd block memory card....
    Bloody thing is, that's the only game AND it uses up almost half the card...
    Bloody gamecube cards are useless.

    Computer Whizz
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:05:01 -0000, "Computer Whizz"
    <old486whizz@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    >> In message <7ee58cb2.0404221324.62330203@posting.google.com>
    >> rua@oohnasty.com (Rua) wrote:
    >>
    >> > I strongly advise in buying a Gamecube, they are dirt cheap and great
    >> consoles.
    >>
    >> I'm getting one in a couple of weeks for my birthday, but I'm still not
    >entirely convinced that the GC is my future main-gaming platform.
    >>
    >> Still, Argos are doing them with an extra mem card, controller and four
    >games for 100ukp, so I agree it is great VFM.
    >>
    >> Can't wait to get stuck back into the action <pumps shotgun and grins>
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> Rob
    >
    >Erm, I got one for £90-ish.... FF:crystal chronicles... and a £5 used,
    >60-odd block memory card....
    >Bloody thing is, that's the only game AND it uses up almost half the card...
    >Bloody gamecube cards are useless.

    Nah, Square just chose not to use any methods of real compression..
    hence the big block usage. I have quite a few other titles on my
    single GameCube memory card.

    >Computer Whizz

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    > Thanks for the reply. I live in the UK. Blockbusters here don't do
    > trades, best we have is game. Unfortunately I don't have any games to
    > trade in either or at least not enough to make a dent in the price of
    > a new console but thanks for the info

    I just noticed at the weekend that our local Blockbusters (I live in
    Cumbria) has started to do trades. It must be a new thing.

    ---
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    In message <c6i8lc$htt$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk>
    "Selenite" <steven@moon64.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

    > > Thanks for the reply. I live in the UK. Blockbusters here don't do
    > > trades, best we have is game. Unfortunately I don't have any games to
    > > trade in either or at least not enough to make a dent in the price of
    > > a new console but thanks for the info
    >
    > I just noticed at the weekend that our local Blockbusters (I live in
    > Cumbria) has started to do trades. It must be a new thing.

    My store (Wimbledon) doesn't, although every branch of GAME do....

    Cheers,
    Rob
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    since when does blockbuster dogame trades? thought they only rented
    games and movies!

    ~Freeza Frost
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

    The Wombat King wrote:

    > Only on the Cube.
    > Though if you can't afford a Cube just take some old games to a Blockbuster
    > Game Rush store (they seem to give some insanely good trade in value) and
    > get you a Cube that way. Cubes are only $100 now and it would only take a
    > couple of games to get one down to a normal new game price.
    > If you have a Fry's Electronics in your area they are selling Rouge Ops for
    > the Cube at $10. BB Game Rush is buying (well trading in) that game for
    > $25. Buy 4 and trade them in for a Cube if you're really desperate.
    > Or you could just pass on buying two new games from now until when RE4 is
    > released and get you a Cube then.
    > Anyway you do it you should get a GC. It has some great games on it. Not
    > to mention if you're a big RE fan you can pick up the REmake and Zero.
    >
    > WK

    That's good advice.
    You could take it even further....

    Trade in stuff now for credit to a game store. The Cube new is currently
    US$99. You can get a used one for $79. The price drop was recent so I doubt we
    will see another drop till after Christmas.

    RE4 is scheduled for mid November. Suppose they do lower the Cube price again
    in Jan 2005. If they take it down to $79 then you could possibly get a used
    one for $59 and in the time you waited, you might be able to find a used RE4
    for $10 or $15 less.

    Give me a little more time and I'll come up with a way Nintendo will *pay you*
    to take a Cube.

    --B O N G O

Gamecube Video Games