Dead pixels on my LCD, how to get them working again?

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
I have a Nec 1970GX 19" 8ms LCD have had for two years and I love it, but yesterday I noticed that there were four dead pixels in the center of screen of all places. I have heard there a ways of getting them to turn back on, I have tried overnight unplugging the LCD, but no luck. Do you guys know of any other tricks to get these pixels working again? Thanks for any suggestions!

n3zyd

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
my lcd has two "stuck" pixels, every time I turn the monitor on I take my finger and push and roll it over the area of the bad pixels that fixes it until the next time I turn it off.

Yep, if it's a 'stuck' pixel, then you can massage some back to life, if it's a DEAD pixel then it'll remain dead.

Usually when it's a cluster it's because of some contact with something (I can't believe a co-workers DELL hasn't already got clusters of them, she smacks her LCDs and I see ripples as if impact marks on Jupiter).

hopefully the massaging helps, if not, you're out of luck. considering they're clustered it sounds like damage, but hopefully it' just a warp in the glas or something in the area and a massage will help.

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Well it seems that those pixels are indeed dead, I most likely won't notice them in game. They are black and about the size of a period @1280x1024 but more faint, almost gray. I almost forgot to tell you that yesterday for about 2 minutes there was a yellow stripe going down the left side of the screen, what does this mean? Thanks everyone for all your very helpful suggestions. :D