siren

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Has anyone played Siren yet or is it Forbidden siren? I think its alright it
seems alot like silent hill with the fog and the disturbing sounds. i heard
it was made from the same people as sh?

any comments?

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Me and a mate rented it out one night. It seemed ok, a bit difficult to get
the hang of at first, although that could have been the booze. The only
thing I didn't like was the way it was set out in levels or "missions". I
suppose it has to be though, and we only played it for a couple of hours. I
would definately consider buying it though.

---

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

I've been trying to unlock Tofu on the Gamecube version of RE2.
I've had three attempts at unlocking it the way I did on all the DC and PS
versions (Claire A, Leon B, Claire A, Leon A, Claire B and Leon A, all with
"a" rank), but it doesn't seem to work.
I'm beginning to doubt that it's actually on the disk, Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Carl Desforges
--
Ehee - I got Seung Mina through on hard...
http://www.boiledspoons.co.uk/

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Ooops, I didn't mean to post that on the end of another thread, sorry about
that ^_^

Bye,

Carl

--

In article <c6t12c$5mq$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk>,
Carl Desforges <Tsugumi@boiledspoons.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> I've been trying to unlock Tofu on the Gamecube version of RE2.
> I've had three attempts at unlocking it the way I did on all the DC and
> PS versions (Claire A, Leon B, Claire A, Leon A, Claire B and Leon A,
> all with "a" rank), but it doesn't seem to work.

To unlock Tofu on the PlayStation, you don't do the combination you have
there. You need a run of consecutive saves, and you can't save between,
say, Claire A and Leon A. You need to do either

Claire A, Leon B, Claire A, Leon B, Claire A, Leon B, or
Leon A, Claire B, Leon A, Claire B, Leon A, Claire B,

each time continuing on from the previous end-of-game save.

Gareth

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Thanks for the info, it's been some years since I played it on the PS.
I'll try it out on the cube version, hopefully I'll get it right this
time...

Carl

--
Ehee - I got Seung Mina through on hard...
http://www.boiledspoons.co.uk/
Natsuki@kamikawa.fsnet.co.uk

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Just unlocked Tofu!

Thanks again,

Carl

--
Ehee - I got Seung Mina through on hard...
http://www.boiledspoons.co.uk/
Natsuki@kamikawa.fsnet.co.uk

---

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Whats Tofu?

Shawn

Shawn Williams wrote:

>Whats Tofu?

It's one of the unlockable minigames on Resident Evil 2.
In it you play a block of tofu armed only with a knife. I'd love to have
some of what the Capcom chaps were smoking when they came up with that
one...

Bye,

Carl

--
Ehee - I got Seung Mina through on hard...
http://www.boiledspoons.co.uk/
Natsuki@kamikawa.fsnet.co.uk

---

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

actually, the story i heard about tofu goes this way. the people at capcom
put the tofu character in the mini game after you have finished re2 for the
japanese kids that were able to finish the original re game in under an hour
and a half using only the knife. the way the story goes is that finishing
re with only a knife became all the rage in japan. capcom and many other
game reviewing companies received video tapes showing these kids completing
the game in under an hour and a half with only the knife. if you run your
ps1 or ps2 through your vcr, you can record the gameplay. capcom wanted to
give the kids another challenge as a bonus game for re2. i have played the
tofu character, and i have to say that i have yet to finish the bonus game
with him (it almost impossible).

inquizitor

In message <4Bplc.14628278$Of.2441807@news.easynews.com>
"The Inquizitor" <maidenfreak@comcast.net> wrote:

> actually, the story i heard about tofu goes this way. the people at capcom
> put the tofu character in the mini game after you have finished re2 for the
> japanese kids that were able to finish the original re game in under an hour
> and a half using only the knife. the way the story goes is that finishing
> re with only a knife became all the rage in japan. capcom and many other
> game reviewing companies received video tapes showing these kids completing
> the game in under an hour and a half with only the knife. if you run your
> ps1 or ps2 through your vcr, you can record the gameplay. capcom wanted to
> give the kids another challenge as a bonus game for re2. i have played the
> tofu character, and i have to say that i have yet to finish the bonus game
> with him (it almost impossible).

Not impossible, but EXTREMELY difficuly. The n64 version was pretty
cool once you got the hang of it due to the timer they added.

I'd suggest giving Vincent Merken's speed guide for LeonA a go. I can
just about do it in 1:33 (Which isn't bad, but I'm sure there's faster).

To be honest I reckon Hunk's game is harder, Tofu can take a hell of a
lot of damage before he drops to yellow or orange caution.

Cheers,
Rob

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

In article <27d1bfa94c.Rob@aqus02.dsl.pipex.com>,
Rob White <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> > i have played the tofu character, and i have to say that i have yet to
> > finish the bonus game with him (it almost impossible).
> Not impossible, but EXTREMELY difficuly.

I should write up my method for finishing Tofu. Once you know when things
are, it's not that hard. And it makes Hunk's game almost trivial - if you
can avoid all the things that Tofu can avoid, you can get away with
shooting in only three or four rooms.

Gareth

Shawn williams wrote:

> Whats Tofu?

A soft, bland, custardlike food product made from soybeans.

B O N G O

Carl Desforges wrote:

> Shawn Williams wrote:
>
> >Whats Tofu?

> ...you play a block of tofu armed only with a knife. I'd love to have
> some of what the Capcom chaps were smoking when they came up with that
> one...

You don't need to smoke anything to have a sense of humor. With all this
talk about Tofu, I haven't noticed anyone mention *why* Capcom created a
character made of *tofu*.

For anyone that doesn't get the gag...

Normally your character's flesh is the food source for zombies. Tofu, the
food product, is an alternative to meat.

--B O N G O