PC restarting without warning

seggaeman

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Hi

My PC has restarted by itself twice in the last few days. No blue screen; just an immediate restart. A friend is telling me it could be because of a bad power supply. Could something like that cause such symptoms?

I'm scared of something getting damaged I've already replaced a motherboard that lasted only two weeks. It was bought from a chinese site and didn't come with a warranty card so it may have died because it was already defective to start with. But due to the previously mentioned problem I'm not so sure.

This is exactly how the previous motherboard stopped working. PC just went off by itself and didn't restart when I tried to turn it on.

Solution
It could be a bad power supply. That's always the first thing I check when when having restart problems. If it's a cheap power supply, it can cause all sorts of problems. If you post your complete specs including the model and brand of your power supply it would be easier to track down your issue.

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
It could be a bad power supply. That's always the first thing I check when when having restart problems. If it's a cheap power supply, it can cause all sorts of problems. If you post your complete specs including the model and brand of your power supply it would be easier to track down your issue.

Solution

seggaeman

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Nope it definitely isn't overheating. AIDA64 was reporting a core temperature of about 35 degrees when it happened. I've since changed the power supply; no issues reported so far. Let's hope it stays that way.